Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving: All relatives and former relatives

Yes people, I am going to "do" Thanksgiving dinner this year. It will take place around noon on Thanksgiving Day.

We will have turkey and stuffing. Possibly ham too, if the budget allows.
Cranberry sauce, the canned kind.
Home-made rolls.
Home-made noodles.
Mashed potatoes, giblet gravy.
Broccoli-rice casserole.
Maybe candied sweet potatoes... I'm not sure yet.

I realize there should be something green and healthy-like. Sorry about that, we eat that stuff all the time around here. The broccoli in the casserole is about as green as it's going to get.

Cliff wants apple pie and pumpkin pie for dessert. If enough people beg, I might be persuaded to make Oreo Dessert.

Obviously, this menu has about half as many items as the dinners I used to prepare. Feel free to bring something. Otherwise, what you see is probably what you'll get.

Questions?

Oh yeah, let me know if you're coming.

13 comments:

  1. It sounds like it will be really nice at your house with all the food family and friends coming ! That's what Thanksgiving is all about for sure. 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh HECK yeah! K's family is coming up Saturday evening, but we had nothing going on for THE day. I was worried, but thought you may head to St. Louis. I hope they come here!

    I would be MORE than happy to make sweet potato casserole, if you want? We're there, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! I'm coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me! What is the Oreo dessert? I am always looking for new good desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Donna that dinner could be the twin dinner to the one our family is having!! Sounds fantastic, wish I could come. But I'll be zipping by on my way to Platte City where John's family dinner will be this year! I've missed you too, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont know how I missed this link...I've been checking the other blogger address over and over waiting for a new post and nothing...lol. I am such a blonde!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:13 PM

    Made me hungry just reading about it! Sure beat my frozen dinner I'm going to have.Can I come if I bring a green salad? I can be a long lost cousin. I would do dishes too!!! lol I do know your daughter, I used to work with her at the lab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy I'm begging for orea dessert AND for you to post the recipe!!! But truthfully the homemade noodles are enough to get me there. Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds delicious and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:55 AM

    I'm with Cliff, I also vote for the apple and pumpkin pies. You may send mine over night postal mail. I'll likely be to full turkey and cranberry's (I can't have cranberry's) for same meal dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great old picture. That Thanksgiving Dinner sounds good to me. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Surely somewhere along the line, we became cousins, didn't we? I can be there on Thanksgiving by noon if I leave early enough.
    I vote for the Oreo cookie dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great dinner to me! I wish I could be there.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!