Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nice laid-back weekend

Cliff's brother Don (on the left) came from Kansas to pick up an old car he bought from brother Phil (on the right) yesterday. Daughter, granddaughter Natalie and I rode with Cliff to meet up with them so he could help load the car; yesterday was cold, as you probably surmised by the guys' clothing. Upon returning home, daughter turned our TV to her Nascar race, I made some chili, and we all had a pretty nice time just chilling out with our chili; Natalie and I even had a nice soak in the hot tub together at twilight.

Don spent the night, which gave me a good excuse to make biscuits and gravy this morning. Cliff loves it when somebody spends the night; it gives him a break from his usual healthy breakfast of oatmeal or cream-of-wheat.

Since Don's a mechanic by trade, Cliff had him look at our old pickup; he knew there was some sort of problem, he just wasn't sure what. They ended up replacing a bearing and the U-joint before Don headed home at noon.


Cliff sat down to watch the Chiefs game, but gave up in disgust before long. As usual. With the temperature up to fifty-five degrees, we put on our leathers and went for a motorcycle ride. It was a little too windy, but we enjoyed an hour-and-a-half ride anyhow.

Now it looks like we're settled in for the rest of the day, Cliff with a cup of hot chocolate and me sipping green tea. Life is good.

8 comments:

  1. Chili and green tea - two of my favorite things. I guess you did have a good laid back weekend. What a blessing for sure.
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm...... chili, a hot tub and biscuits and gravy. Three of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait til we can afford a motorcycle... I love them!

    Sounds like you had a great day.

    Have a blessed week

    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at the chili. Then you told us about the home made biscuits and gravy. Yum! Glad you guys had a nice visit and you got to do a little riding to boot! Sounds like a nice weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it was a good weekend. I'm a syrup (alaga), butter and Mama's biscuits girl myself with ham. Send us some snow this year down to south Alabama. Take care, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE HEARING ABOUT YOUR DAY WITH FAMILY MOSIE. I GET SO LONESOME HERE...NO SPECIAL ONE TO TALK TO ANYMORE...AND I MUST ADMIT THAT I SORT OF FEEL LIKE I AM THERE WITH YALL EATING CHILI AND JUST BEING WITH FAMILY..THANKS FOR INCLUDING ME.
    LOVE,CARLENE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhhh, friends, family, helping people and a nice bowl of chili to boot!sounds wonderful girl.
    loopy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!