Monday, November 24, 2008

received in email from Edna





A
young couple moves into a new neighborhood.
The next morning while they are
eating breakfast, the young
woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash
outside.
'That laundry is not very clean', she said.
'She doesn't know how
to wash correctly.


Perhaps
she needs better laundry soap'


Her
husband looked on, but remained silent.

Every time her neighbor would
hang her wash to dry, the
young woman would make the same
comments.



About
one month later, the woman was surprised to see a
nice clean wash on the line
and said to her husband:

'Look, she has learned how to wash
correctly.


I
wonder who taught her this?'

The husband said, 'I got up early this
morning and
cleaned our windows.'


And so it is with life.
What we see when watching others
depends on the purity of the window through
which we look.


I have to admit, this one hit home in more ways than one.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! That says it all doesn't it? Hit home with me too!!! One of my frequent prayers is that God will bridle my tongue. Some days it needs a heavy duty bit when I find myself criticizing others. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! Our sermon included a message on getting new lenses yesterday. Much along the same lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep yep yep...always makes me feel like crap...lol

    Have a great holiday..good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! So true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How true. How true! I struggle with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope I always remember this but I bet I won't. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really good one :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!