Tuesday, November 11, 2008

To our veterans!


On Veteran's Day, I always think of my brother-in-law, Russell, and my Uncle Paul, both of whom fought in World War II. They've both gone on to their reward.

And it goes without saying that I think of my son, who spent several years in the Army. He fought in Iraq during Desert Storm.


Jim was only 18 at the time this was taken, and I'm sure had no idea what was in store for him. I searched for a later picture of him in his dress uniform where he doesn't look so unsure of himself, but due to the disorder of my photo collection, I couldn't find it. In fact, I couldn't even find the above picture around here. Then I went to my old AOL journal and found it was one of the few pictures that had made the trip to Blogger in the big move.

Cliff and I watched CBS Sunday morning this week, and were especially moved by a story about a rich man who has been giving some special "thank-yous" to a few wounded veterans. If you didn't catch the show, you can read about it HERE.

Thanks to Sugar for the Vet's day tag.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you to all the veterans then and now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine going to war. Veterans are a special breed. God bless all of them.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless them ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veteran's day is always a day we try to remember here. Both my husband's and my family have many who have served. Some during war time.. some during peace, but all served. Nice entry.. and I love the picture of your son. I think that is how many of our young men look/feel as they face the unknown.. suddenly adults,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I read the article about the hotel guy doing so much for the wounded vets and it is an amazing story. Wish more people that were able to do something like that would do so!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! My grandfather was in WWII

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!