Saturday, August 17, 2024

Things I wonder about

I can tell November is coming; everybody is posting memes on Facebook that tell us all the reasons why we should vote for the person they want as President.  Up to now, at least, it's mostly the same people of the same persuasion.  These days nobody even tries to argue with them because they know what happens.

It's sort of like the signs people put in their yards telling you who they are voting for.

Has it ever occurred to them that the more they do such things, the less it works?  How many people have you seen who ever stopped to comment on your facebook page, "Oh, thank goodness!  You have convinced me to change who I vote for!  Thanks so much for putting that meme showing Jesus with his hand holding your candidate's hand!"  Or, "Hey, that sign in your yard has convinced me to change my ways!  I'm a new person now."

When somebody gets in my face trying to make me change my mind about ANYTHING, not only my politics, it just makes me more determined to not let somebody force me to do it.  

One reason I like having a blog is that once in a while, I can actually tell someone exactly how I feel.

However... to each his/her own.



10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:14 PM

    I’m voting for the smart one! Galla Creek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always figured that yard signs were to reach undecided voters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not me, I don't do politics on Facebook and rarely on my blog. However, I'm pretty sure you know who I'm voting for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. People really do use things like this to encourage themselves and other likeminded souls. That's all. They are not changing anyone's mind and I don't think they intend to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our neighbor always has lots of political yard signs. I sometimes watched them struggle off and on their lawnmower multiple times to get everything mowed. We prefer are "leave people guessing" approach. It also makes it easier when I mow the lawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people here in Missouri not only have signs, they also have a Trump flag flying high.

      Delete
  6. I am ignoring politics at the moment. I have better things to do. The only good thing about yard signs is they tell me who to avoid in the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually excited: Not that I trust any of them, but I love that Biden isn't the one now. It's just such a surprise, I can't wait to see who wins.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous2:28 PM

    I just can’t post, speak of or answer political posts. I keep praying that my decision will be the “right” one. I don’t even discuss with my family. I love them too much to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!