Saturday, April 27, 2024

Duckduckgo browser

I'm trying out a new browser I had never heard of before.  So far, it works as it is supposed to, which presents a problem:  Duckduckgo does not use third party cookies, so I can't sign in to my Google account on other folks' Blogger comment sections.  Except for that, it is GREAT!  No more ads about every little thing I have ordered on Amazon!  

I will continue to use a different browser for blogs.  I wouldn't really have to, I could just use "anonymous" to comment and tell people who I am, but I'd rather not.

Time will tell if I keep this new browser, but so far I'm loving it.  The first time I went to facebook using it, there were a lot of sponsored ads

If you're interested, click HERE.  It tells everything about Duckduckgo.  Maybe some of my readers have used it.  If so, feel free to tell me what you think about it.

8 comments:

  1. I've been using Duckduckgo for a long time. It gives at least a semblance of privacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:31 PM

      I never heard of it until recently, but I think I like it.

      Delete
  2. I've heard of it but never used it! The first time using it on Facebook, there were or weren't a lot of sponsored ads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first, no. But I started clicking the X above every one and now I don't see nearly as many. I do still get some. I'll know more when I've used it more.

      Delete
  3. I have heard of this browser and wondered about. I can just look at something on Amazon and get those ads. After I order something, I have that and all those ads are so annoying. I don’t want another one of whatever I ordered. Grrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will still be commenting on blogs with another browser, though, because I don't want to be anonymous.

      Delete
  4. I've been using it since 2010. At work, all of our computers are set up to use DuckDuckGo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:41 AM

      I just found out I can watch Youtube without the ads through their viewer!

      Delete

I love comments!