Thursday, April 18, 2024

Hope

This is the most positive forecast I've seen for our area in three years.  We are always getting forecasts for the next three days that give us 100% chances of rain, but when they get to Kansas City, they go north or south... or split and go both directions, leaving us in the dust bowl.  But I have not, for a long time, looked two weeks ahead and seen so many chances of rain.  I realize that nobody can predict anything that far ahead for certain, but I'm hanging my hopes on this forecast and including a few prayers while I'm at it.  I am so very thankful for the rain we received yesterday!  We've had many days where the wind tried to blow down the plants in my garden; the tomatoes and peppers have lost some leaves in the battle, but they are not giving up.




9 comments:

  1. Living not to far to your north, I have felt your pain the last two years. Having to use tap water to soften the ground just to till my garden last fall was a new experience for me. Thus far, we got a 2" rain last week and are probably going to end up with a 1" rain when it stops this morning. I can see puddles in my garden for the first time in nearly three years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once we are denied something so very vital for so long and then finally it comes, we know how to appreciate it..

      Delete
  2. I think I will be borrowing your meme :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just something I got off Facebook. I love it.

      Delete
  3. Lots of pollinators at my place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! We're only protecting pollinators

      Delete
  4. Yay for rain! I'm always grateful for it, even though I live in a wetter climate than you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yowza! It is HOT there!!!! Is this usual temperatures for April??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've never had so many 70's in March, and 70's and 80's in April, that I remember. But you never know in Missouri.

      Delete

I love comments!