Sunday, April 14, 2024

Sunday Stealing

1.    What have you been the most ignorant about in your life?  I don't have enough time to figure this out, but my best guess would be politics and politicians.  There's never been a way for me to figure it all out.

2.    What in the world would you most like to see protected?  Children

3.    How do you waste the biggest chunk of time each day or week?  For years I would have said the time I spent on a computer.  These days I spend more time reading (on the iPad, which is a computer, but reading a book really doesn't count as surfing the Net, right?).

4.    Who is the scariest person you've ever known?  I guess I don't run into really scary people.  There is one politician I'm very scared of, though.

5.    What was  the job you enjoyed the least?  Western Electric

6.    What thing about your family are you the most proud of?  My husband is loved by all his heirs.  I might say the wrong things, hurt someone's feelings, and so forth.  If it weren't for Cliff, I imagine some of them wouldn't even come around.  He's the magnet in our family.  

7.    What kind of power do you want most?  I'm not equipped to have much power; I'm not smart enough and would likely misuse my power if I had one.  

8.    What's the best piece of advice you ever received?  Just be nice.    

9.    What's the  thing you  know the most about?  Raising baby calves

10.    When were you most moved by a ceremony?  My sister's husband's funeral: He was a veteran of World War II, so he had a military funeral.  I'd never seen a military funeral before, and I had goosebumps when the guns went off, and then when they folded the flag. 

11.    What is the best gift you ever gave to someone?  It's silly to call it a gift, since Cliff actually paid for all of it.  We used to talk about having a shop for him to work on tractors and such when we retired.  But there came a time when I realized we were not money-savers and there'd never be a way to get a shop built.  Somewhere in the 1990's I told him we should do it right then; our budget could afford it, and he could enjoy it right then.  I'm the one who takes care of paying our bills, and you wouldn't believe the things I have "forced" him to buy.  He's always afraid to take the step, so I push him.  But that shop has given him more pleasure than you can believe.  

12.    What is the cruelest thing you've ever suffered?  In the 70's, I worked at Whitaker Cable on an assembly line.  When I started, I had a terrible time keeping up; if one person is behind, then everyone after them on the line is also behind.  Nobody said anything, but the two nice ladies to my right helped me a little; of course, they were behind because of me, but they were kind.  Everybody else acted like I wasn't even there.  Three years later I listened to some of the other ladies I had worked with that day, laughing and bragging about how they used to deliberately try to force new people to quit.  That was quite an "aha moment".  I couldn't believe people would have been that cruel.

13.    What's the single nastiest thing you've ever done to someone?  I should have been nicer to my mother.

14.    What problem do you think is most common among friends your age?  We never know what part of our body will be wearing out the next day.  Aches and pains abound.

15.    What is the strongest craving you get?  When I was single, I had a group of people, amateur musicians like me.  We would all get together and play our guitars, and take turns singing, alone and together.  I miss that.  

Also, I often crave pizza.


9 comments:

  1. Aches and pains, dealing with deliberately cruel people, pizza cravings. Check, check, and check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You are the single most honest person I know. You can really look at yourself with an unflinching eye, see your own faults and admit them. That's a rare thing in this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't do this Sunday Stealing because I knew it would be difficult to answer some of the questions.

      Delete
  3. Aches and pains are annoying when you get older. I went for a ten mile walk yesterday and my legs are aching today. That never happened when I was younger.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing music sometimes is like entering another world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I've read your blog for a long time, I'm still finding out new things about you. I didn't know you liked pizza! I wonder if we're scared of the same politician.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should have been nicer to my mother, too! Too little, too late.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!