Saturday, July 22, 2023

Strange things happen sometimes

First, let me tell you about the new picture at the top:  Cliff was cutting the weeds in the pasture behind our house; it used to be a real pasture, but ugly weeds have taken over.  I hate it, but there's no use buying expensive seeds when there aren't any animals on the place to eat the plants.  He very seldom uses the big White tractor, even though it has a working air conditioner and he has asthma, because his more modern little John Deere uses much less gas, and does most of the jobs on our 40-acre play farm in a superb manner; he does use a mask if he's mowing with the John Deere, though.  

But he loves bigger, older classic tractors.  I'm not outside as much as I used to be, and I don't carry a camera around all the time looking for a good picture for my blog.  But when I saw Cliff mowing, I decided to see what I could do, and took half a dozen shots.  I love this one, with those clouds in the blue sky.  He likes it too.

Now, about the strange thing that happened the other day.  Both of us were sitting in the living room looking at our computers and all of a sudden, I had no Internet.  I told Cliff our Internet was down; some fifteen minutes later, I noticed he was still surfing the net.  I checked my Macbook... still no Internet.  Hmm.

There are two iPads in our house.  Cliff has the oldest one, an iPad Mini, which was Cora's to play with when we babysat her.  Later I let Cliff have it for reading his library books.  Since Cliff had Internet and the Macbook did not, I decided to use my iPad, but again, no Internet.  How could this be possible?  I tried the old Mini... still no Internet.  Cliff was loving it.  He likes to make fun of my Apple products, especially the Macbook, because it doesn't have a touch screen.

We have Nexus for Internet.  They usually fix any glitches promptly.  I got a text message saying that there was a problem in some places, and they were working to find whatever was wrong.  Even then, Cliff surfed on.  After four hours or so, my Internet was working again on all three Apple devices.  

I've never had anything like that happen before, but Cliff needed some laughs, so I guess it's all for the good.

12 comments:

  1. David9:48 AM

    Sometimes protoplasm from a ghostly presence will affect Macs... because the unbodied prefer them .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought maybe you had an explanation.

      Delete
  2. Some devices operate off a whisper connection which may not require as much internet as other more powerful or modern devices. That's my theory anyway! Love the tractor picture and the beautiful sky. There's nothing more scenic than blue sky with puffy clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of such a thing as no internet for one brand of devices. I hope I don’t experience that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only for two or three hours, maybe less. I doubt it will ever happen again.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:29 AM

    It never hurts for him to have laughs! And this is Margie from Margie's Musings...not Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither have I, and if it weren't for my having 3 Apple products, I wouldn't believe it.

      Delete
  6. I think it’s a worm or bug in your apple. Teehee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so blessed to have a friend to send me some tomatoes from her garden and then, the same week, another friend blessed me with some yellow squash from her garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so blessed to have a friend to send me some tomatoes from her garden and then, the same week, another friend blessed me with some yellow squash from her garden!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!