Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sunday Stealing

1. What subjects lead you down a Wikipedia rabbit hole

Almost anything.

2. How do you like to spend your birthdays?

I don't give birthdays a lot of thought, and we don't make a big deal about special days.  I always used to want to eat out on my birthday, but these days I'd rather stay home and eat my own cooking; it's ridiculously expensive to eat out, and you can get covid in any public place.

3. Something you might take a little too seriously?

Crazy people on Facebook upset me trying to convince people to think like they do.  My husband tells me all the time there's something wrong with me for taking such people seriously, but I don't care to hear their opinions and fake "facts".
 

4. Describe a time you made a good decision for yourself.

When I married my husband.
 
5. Something you’ve improved/gotten better at.

Cooking.
 
6. What dish would you bring to a summer potluck?

Old Settler's Beans

7. What do you miss about Winter?

Who misses winter?  I don't miss the propane bill, I don't miss freezing to death when I go outside.  What's to miss?

8. Share a summer memory.

I used to spend a week every summer at my grandmother's little farm.  I spent most of my time wandering through the woods and fields by myself.  I enjoyed going to sleep in the featherbed to the music of whippoorwills singing at dusk every night.  Her house was very quiet, no traffic noise at all.  There was a wind-up clock in her bedroom that ticked loudly, and sometimes that was the only noise I heard when we weren't talking.

9. Words you misspell or misuse the most

There are several, but right now I can't think of any.  
 
10. Things you love to do, that can only happen in summer

Spend time outside, garden, go on road trips
 
11. How would you describe your sense of humor?

It isn't what it used to be.  Things just aren't as funny any more.
 
12. Have you ever quit a job or career?

Yes

13. What are your favorite features of your cell phone?

There's nothing about my cell phone that distinguishes it.  I don't use it often.

14. What scents always make you hungry?

Bacon frying, biscuits cooking, cake baking

15. What are you working on right now?

About the only thing I've worked on today is the garden, and not much of that.

I got these questions on "Sunday Stealing".   Feel free to play along. 

7 comments:

  1. I love reading these, but rarely do them. The smell of bread baking does me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to read. I made the right decision on husbands too. I trashed my Facebook account a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your answers, Donna! I left my personal Facebook account over a year ago and have never looked back. All the bickering and fighting drove me nuts!! Ughhh!!! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with you on a lot of those, especially Birthdays. Your shared memory was delightful. Facebook for me is just a way to access my families accounts to see how the kids are growing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One smell that always makes me hugger is popcorn. No matter that I'm not hungry, I always have room for popcorn. I agree with you about winter. I certainly don't miss it at all and would be happy traveling south every year to avoid it. But the problem is I usually stay right where where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen on your thoughts about winter! My favorite months are June and July!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!