Monday, January 21, 2008

Only if you believe (and squint just right)

Click to make the picture bigger (and perhaps to see a question mark).

There are some things you can't capture in a picture; you have to see them with your heart.

When we've been away from home all day, as we were today for a funeral, and drive into our town from the south, the street lights line up along the curve of the road in such a way that it forms a question mark.

When my children were small, I told them, "Our town is asking this question: "Why did you leave?"

I never found an adequate answer to the question, so we've stayed around here for the better part of the past 30-plus years.

So this evening I was going to take a picture to show my readers. A picture of the question mark.

And turns out, it only looks like a squiggle. But I swear, when you really, really see it... it's a question mark. And it really, really does say, "How could you leave this town?"

Perhaps someday my daughter can capture a picture with the lights actually looking like a question mark.

5 comments:

  1. If you click to make it bigger, you can see it. BUT, there HAS to be a better way to capture it. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll borrow a camera from work? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I can see it, too. ;o)

    I've got bad knees, too. Arthritis, and it's really painful. Keeps me from doing much walking at all, and I do miss my walks.

    We're under a winter weather advisory for sleet, freezing rain and snow. So far just a little sleet, and I'm hoping no ice at all!

    Hope it misses y'all, and you have a good evening/day tomorrow.

    Hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see it.

    Stay warm. It's cold here in OK, I know it's probably colder in MO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,
    I linked to you from Talk to Grams. I saw the question mark right away. Such a nice sentiment you told your children! Nice Blog too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!