Sunday, January 13, 2008

Never lie down in your breakfast

Cliff decided this particular bale of hay must not be high-quality enough, because the horses weren't eating it as fast as usual. I think what really happened is that when it's bitterly cold or snowy, Cliff gives the horses a bale of alfalfa. They fill up on that and aren't worried about their old run-of-the-mill grass-and-clover mix.

Anyhow, lest one of these spoiled beasts should suffer a hunger pang, he brought out a fresh bale. Blue appreciates this, because the remains of the old bale gives him a great place to lie down in comfort.

Notice we're back to four horses?



Libby's back. The one who always comes to meet me when I'm in the pasture. The one who never tires of being hugged.

And I think she's glad to be home.

2 comments:

  1. Feeding them jet fuel, eh? I never go above high octane timothy.

    Did Libby learn any manners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Guy, I seriously doubt it. I think I pretty much tossed my money out the window. On the plus side, Libby seems to have suffered no ill-effects. I think I should have trusted myself more, and not gotten in such a hurry to be able to ride her. Lots of people say you shouldn't ride a horse until they're four or five years old, and I'm sure Libby will be settled down a lot by then. I may do a post later on about this.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!