Wednesday, January 16, 2008

blah blah blah

Cliff needed a tuneup on his hearing aid today: filters need to be replaced on the thing every six months, and this time the lady even replaced the tube that goes down into his ear; no charge for any of this stuff. Since we had to go to Blue Springs for that, we made a trip on to Sam's Club in Independence. And since I had a 20% off coupon for Kohls, we each got ourselves a new pair of sneakers there. Then to Walmart (not the one at Blue Springs that I hate; we went to Oak Grove).


You'll have to click on that to make it big enough to read, perhaps, but you can see what crappy weather we're having. It isn't awfully cold, but it's rained all day. And the weather-guessers think it'll turn into snow. Personally, I doubt if that happens here, since the worst appears to be northwest of Kansas City, and we're due east. Although I'd welcome some white stuff.

Cliff made himself useful at Sam's Club...

and at Walmart.

Then it was lunch-time, and my husband spared no expense to buy us a fine meal: Double cheeseburgers off the dollar menu at McDonald's. With water for our beverages.

Actually, he has to leave for work at 2:30, and we didn't have time to do our usual Olive Garden soup, salad and bread sticks.

We arrived home to learn that the propane man had been here and delivered 200 gallons of fuel. Cost? $424.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:37 PM

    YCK!!!!
    ouchy...
    That is really expensive. I sure hope that lasts a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That wasn't a very good surprise when you got home! I too hope it lasts a long time!!

    Maybe you will get some snow, or I could send some of mine down! lol! We're supposed to get some more on Friday.

    Buddy's feet are tender. I just got off the phone with the vet and he said to put him on 1 gram of butte twice a day for three days and then wait three days to see how he is doing. If he is still ouchy I will have to take him in. Sigh.....this makes me nervous! :O(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soup, salad and breadsticks there. I sure hope that the propane man comes once a year at that price!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!