Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: Edition "O"


Time for another "Thursday Thirteen Through The Alphabet". If you decide to join in, be sure and leave a link to your entry at "Izzy 'N Emmy" so everyone can check it out.

1. Oleo: I grew up calling margarine "oleo". I never hear that term used any more.

2. Oreo Delight: my oldest grandson's favorite dessert.

3. old: Yes, I've reached an age where I realize I'm old. I'm still enjoying life, though!

4. Outlaws: Ladies love them, says Waylon.



5. Oprah: I'm not a fan; I don't follow the "First Church of Oprah". I enjoyed her performance in "The Color Purple", though.

6. Outpatient: That's what all my surgeries have been, so far.

7. Outside: I can't wait for the sun to come up so I can get out there and check on my growing plants.

8. Okra: I like it fried, or in gumbo stew.

9. Orthopedic surgeon: I have one, Dr. Alexandra Strong. She's not one to push a person into knee replacement. If and when I get one, it will be my own decision. She has done some scraping and trimming on both my knees.


10. opportunity: sometimes it knocks more than once, but if it doesn't, another opportunity will present itself.

11. optimist: I used to be a lot more optimistic than I am now.

12. Opera: I don't understand it and I don't enjoy it.

13. Orville Redenbacher: I love popcorn, and Orville's is the best. Being a died-in-the-wool cheapskate, though, I usually buy a cheaper brand.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned the pop corn. I'll have to pick up some to take to the camper today. The sun is finally up here in Ohio. It was a frosty start today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on Opera, Oprah and Orville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a rather exhaustive list. I didn't know Oprah has a church behind her, but her shows are most inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muhd,I was being sarcastic about Oprah, since many people seem to look up to her as a prophet. And she seems to often accept that role gladly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, the Oprah one is good! I've never had Okra, but if it's friend, I might like it!

    Great list as always and thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!