Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: Edition "Q"


I have to be honest and say that I almost skipped the letter "q", because there are no "q" words I can have fun with. No singers' names begin with q; no states or towns. So this week my entry is going to be very boring. But I may as well go ahead; I've made it this far.

1. Quicksilver: SS Quicksilver of Fallneva was a high-class Jersey bull I used on my tiny herd back in the 80's. I was very proud to be able to own some of his daughters. That's the wonderful thing about artificial insemination in cattle: Anyone has access to the best bulls in the world.

2. quiz: Doesn't everybody hate pop quizzes?

3. Quiznos: We ate there once because it was free; I prefer Subway.

4. Quandary: Something I often experience when thinking about certain neighbors.

5. quilt: My mom turned out quilts by the hundreds after she retired.



6. quart: When Cliff and I acquired our first milk cow, he drank a quart of milk with almost every meal.

7. quaint: a polite way of saying "run-down".

8. queasy: I very seldom have a queasy stomach.

9. Quiktrip: That's where Cliff usually gasses up, at least when we're in the greater Kansas City area.

10. quack: I've been to a lot of dentists I considered to be quacks.

11. questions: You get a lot of them when you have small children around.

12. quiet: I love how quiet it is at this house.

13. qualms: That's what I had about doing this entry.

To see who else did the "Q" thirteen, go check it out at Izzy 'N Emmy.

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I had to read your entry to see what you came up with and was surprised to see you didn't mention Queen... Have a great weekend!

madcobug said...

You did good on those "Q's". Great picture of your Mom. Something about her makes me think of my own Mother. Helen

FrankandMary said...

My first thought:
Quote(the raven nevermore)
~Mary

ps LOVE Poe.

Muhd Imran said...

Quilt is your Mom's talent and proud achievements honored by you... Queen of Quilts. Q is a Qool letter!

Ora said...

I am afraid I would have had to use the "dictionary"....alot....and your entry was just great....hugs...Ora

Izzy 'N Emmy said...

You did great with Q!

Traci said...

I like the Q's. We have a quack dentist here in town. He is nearly at the end of our road. I went once, hated him. Two of my friends went and had similar experiences. Sadist. Truly.