Thursday, April 30, 2009
Thursday Thirteen: Edition "Q"
I have to be honest and say that I almost skipped the letter "q", because there are no "q" words I can have fun with. No singers' names begin with q; no states or towns. So this week my entry is going to be very boring. But I may as well go ahead; I've made it this far.
1. Quicksilver: SS Quicksilver of Fallneva was a high-class Jersey bull I used on my tiny herd back in the 80's. I was very proud to be able to own some of his daughters. That's the wonderful thing about artificial insemination in cattle: Anyone has access to the best bulls in the world.
2. quiz: Doesn't everybody hate pop quizzes?
3. Quiznos: We ate there once because it was free; I prefer Subway.
4. Quandary: Something I often experience when thinking about certain neighbors.
5. quilt: My mom turned out quilts by the hundreds after she retired.
6. quart: When Cliff and I acquired our first milk cow, he drank a quart of milk with almost every meal.
7. quaint: a polite way of saying "run-down".
8. queasy: I very seldom have a queasy stomach.
9. Quiktrip: That's where Cliff usually gasses up, at least when we're in the greater Kansas City area.
10. quack: I've been to a lot of dentists I considered to be quacks.
11. questions: You get a lot of them when you have small children around.
12. quiet: I love how quiet it is at this house.
13. qualms: That's what I had about doing this entry.
To see who else did the "Q" thirteen, go check it out at Izzy 'N Emmy.