Monday, April 06, 2009

Hey, I used to work there!

Fox 4 news interviewed a local peach-orchard owner. The guy they interviewed was, back then, only a little boy who loved Miracle-Whip sandwiches; I worked for his dad (also seen in this video, beside his son). It was mostly an apple orchard at that time.

This hard freeze has everybody worried.

See the Interview and news clip HERE.

I used to work in their apple shed at harvest-time, and also did clean-up outside in the orchard in the spring. I only received minimum wage, but if I were rating all the jobs I've held by how much I loved them, that outdoor job working among the budding apple and peach trees would be near the top.

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if you really can create enough heat by burning hay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's cool that they were on tv, but I hope the cold won't hurt their crops this season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meesha, it seldom works. But I guess when you're desperate, anything is worth a try. And I'm sure it's very cheap, weedy hay. Probably harvested from their own property. So it never hurts to give it that old college try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminiscing on old times is nice. Liking your previous jobs held is priceless!

    I wish I could say the same.

    Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you going to post the pumpkin dump cake recipe? I always like your recipes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!