Thursday, April 02, 2009

A couple of quick items

First of all: I'm not Catholic, but one of the funniest and brightest blogs I read is "Ask Sister Mary Martha". I've mentioned her before, but lots of people probably didn't check her out because she's a nun. The lady is hilarious! (She thinks the Harry Potter books are OK, too.)

In my Thursday Thirteen, I mentioned Marcoux Corner. They have a website. They also have a promotional video that highlights some of their songs and their humor. I found it after I did the original plug for them, so I'm giving the link HERE. There's even a tiny bit of my favorite of the songs they do, "Obladi Oblada".

They live in Minnesota and have no appearances scheduled in Missouri. I'm telling you, the guys are great.

I realize most people aren't interested the musical tastes of others; I know how seldom I click on Youtube videos that people post on their blogs. It's just that these guys are so unique, I can't help trying to make a few more fans for them.

Oh, I just finished reading "Autobiography of a Face". It was an interesting read, and I think I'll keep the book and read it again sometime. Cliff refused to read it because it seemed sad to him, and in some ways it is. Still, I got into quite quickly, and identified with the author in many ways; now I'm wondering why I have always avoided looking directly at myself in mirrors.

Cliff just finished "The Pillars of the Earth" and says it's every bit as good as people said it was. I will read it eventually, but its thickness is rather daunting. It'll probably take me awhile, once I start; the Internet distracts me, you know.

Thanks to my readers for their recommendations.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:08 PM

    You could follow Face up with Truth & Beauty by Ann Patchett, Lucy's best friend. I will say it is a good account of their relationship but not quite as good as Lucy's book.

    You just know I will be sending a Sister Mary Margaret link to Chicklet(who is an Amelia Margaret ;-). ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sisters site.... Iam catholic and I enjoyed her very much... thanks
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to Sisters blog. I am Catholic (though lapsed) and Sister has a way of explaining simply and with humor. I read several of her post and enjoy them very much. If it hadn't been for you I would never have known about her. Thanks!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I missed any previous reference to the Sister's blog. I'll check it out. Have a great Friday! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the link to Sister's blog. I am Catholic with a similar sense of humor. I love her! Also thanks for the book suggestions. I was looking for a good book to read for this weekend. Think you just gave it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I love Mary Martha. She's a sassy nun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah...Pillars is one of my all time FAVORITE books. Cliff is a wise man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "the Internet does distract me" LOL I love that statement! It is sooooo true for me too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!