Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Television watching

Until my friend Joanna visited three years ago, I watched very little television. The computer kept me entertained quite well, thank you very much.

Joanna got me interested in CSI. Since Spike broadcasts anywhere from two to six episodes per day, it only took a few months to catch up on all the episodes ever made.

So I began searching for other shows that had something in common with CSI. I watched CSI Miami a few times, but it wasn't the same.

Then I discovered Law and Order. That show has been on forever, and I'm still catching occasional episodes I've never seen.

I enjoy watching "Without a Trace" and "Cold Case", loving every episode. But I'm about to get caught up on all the past seasons of those, and I started searching for something else to catch up on.

Then I saw all the hullabaloo about the final season, and final episode, of "ER". People were raving about the show, and it had been on for years.

Thanks to my trusty DVR, I'm recording it now. The episodes are being shown in sequence, so I'm picking up on all the relationships; my interest is growing.

I only have one question: Why on earth did anybody bother making "Grey's Anatomy"? It's already all been done on "ER". And done much better, with a lot more action. Seems like a copycat thing, to me.

9 comments:

  1. Check out Criminal Minds and the Mentalist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Criminal Minds? We also -really- like Bones. We watch CSI Miami and Law&Order SVU, but I think Criminal Minds is my favorite. Also, if you can catch it in the daytime, try Crossing Jordon. It is no longer on, but we catch reruns in the early evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy ER, I watched it from first show to last. I will miss those characters, they have seemed like friends to me.

    As for Gray's Anatomy, I love it too. I am a nurse so I'm naturally drawn to medical shows. Totally different set of characters and relationships, more outrageous than ER but still interestng. I love it, but in a different way from ER. ER was the gold standard in my book. ER was more realistic clinically speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in England we can get most of the shows you mention and I like them too but can only watch them if I can find them on the cable in the daytime as hubby hates them.

    Angie
    http://canyouallhearmeattheback.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love farming with you in the mornings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutley love csi las vegas. although now i prefer the old episodes on spike to the new ones on CBS. the new characters i'm not fond of.

    i guess i have a big crush on william peterson =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. like you, i love: csi miami, csi las vegas, csi new york, criminal minds, mentalist, bones, crossing jordon, ncis, law n order svu, i also like some other shows too...but these are type ones you said you liked. most i watch reruns on cable, as some are no longer on or either i don't care for the newer ones.
    as for medical, i like house, esp the older ones of his, er is ok too.
    i'm sure there's a few more i'm forgetting, maybe someone else can think of others.
    huggies...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently started watching "Burn Notice", which has apparently been around for two seasons. It is a fun program about an ex-spy who gets "burned" (or fired without notice). It is easy to pickup with any episode, because they give a brief history at the beginning of each show. It is somewhat light-hearted and deals with completely impossible situations... and it's fun, but not a comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all the crime shows you mention (and a few more) and usually catch them as reruns now and then (don't watch much TV anymore). I used to watch ER, but quit several years ago. I never cared much for Grey's Anatomy. I watched the first season, and you're right -- ER did it better.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!