Saturday, April 18, 2009

The lodge?

There's a Kansas blogger I follow who just posted that she is vacationing at Pioneer Woman's lodge.

I didn't know it was available for vacations. Did any of PW's other readers see something about this that I missed?

Another thing: I don't think I'm getting updates from Pioneer Woman any more. I guess I'll put a permanent link to her on my sidebar.

On a different note entirely, I think I'm going to have to start having Cliff go get the mail from the mailbox. Almost ever day there's some tempting offer from a nursery or seed company, complete with pictures of amazing flowers. Yesterday it was "reblooming Iris" that caught my attention. (If you click on that link, don't faint at the price of the collection. I'm a "preferred customer", so my price is half that amount.)

Seriously? There are iris that bloom in both spring and fall?

In the process of searching for information about that, I discovered a reblooming lilac.

Is there some twelve-step program for people who can't resist flowers?

5 comments:

  1. Good morning Donna :) We have the seed and plant fever here too...they had bulbs half price at Walmart so I bought a bunch for next year. Ian said they would still be good. I bought a pink hydranga too. The blue ones were 30 dollars, and yeah, they were big, but come on! So I settled for the smaller pink one for nine dollars. Have you ever heard of putting pickling lime in the soil when watering to make them turn blue? I need to google that. I love all the catalogs we get in for plants and trees. Hope y'all have a nice weekend. :) Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindie8:41 AM

    PW is having 5 people (each bringing a buddy) come for the day on the 25th, to watch PW and "Smitten Kitchen" cook at the lodge. I wanted to go but that's a birthday party day in my family! Guess one of your readers got picked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindie8:46 AM

    Oops. Just read the other bloggers comments, (Country Doctor's Wife) Guess she had a private email conversation with PW and got an invite! Not something PW wrote about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My purchases are somewhat self-limiting because I have 90% shade in the back yard once all the trees are in full leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at those catalogs too. I planted me some flower seeds the other day just to see what happens....you inspired me. I have some coming up....:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!