Tuesday, May 06, 2008

pictures of strangers, and dump cake

Someone left a comment asking, "What is dump cake?"

It's the easiest cake to make in the whole world, that's what. And it's SO good! Especially slightly warm, with vanilla ice cream.

Dump Cake

20 ounces crushed pineapple
16 ounces cherry pie filling
1 package yellow cake mix, dry
1 1/2 sticks butter, sliced
1 cup pecans or walnuts if desired

Dump the pineapple in a 9X13 pan; dump the cherry pie filling in; stir that around until it's pretty well mixed. Spread dry cake mix evenly over that. Slice the butter over the top of the cake mix, dump the nuts on top, and bake about 45 minutes at 350.

-----------------------------------

A friend sent me an email about the previous entry saying, "I thought you had to get permission to put a person's picture on the Internet."

I replied, "You are also supposed to get permission to hunt morel mushrooms on somebody's property; I'd say he and I are about even."

I often wonder how these interlopers would feel if they looked out the window of their home one day and saw a stranger helping himself to the tomatoes in their garden, or picking flowers from their rosebushes. What makes them think I feel any differently about people stomping around on my property, stealing my morel mushrooms?

I spent last night at my cabin, which you can read about HERE if you're interested.


6 comments:

  1. Just my opinion--but I think he waived his right to privacy when he stepped over the property line. I think you only need permission when you are on their property (invading their privacy) or going to use the photo to make money, say for advertising or newspaper/magazine use.

    Too bad you can't set up gate & charge admission, Donna. I don't blame you for being upset for people taking the morels or for just plain trespassing. We had a real problem with deer hunters when we lived in the country.

    The dump cake sounds really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the dump cake recipe, I'll make it tomorrow and probably eat half myself. sigh..... Sounds soooooo good!
    Good for you posting his picture on the Internet. Good enough for him, he shouldn't be trespassing. We had an X rated shop here in town for a short period of time. People would sit across the road and take pictures of the men going in there. It closed down shortly! Yippee! Don't need that in our little town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He had a tasty treat for dinner with those morels he collected!! Shame on him for trespassing though. He should have asked you if it was okay. Unfortunately some people do not have any respect for other people's property or things.

    That cake sounds yummy!!! I'll copy it and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so bad... I haven't had a mushroom in a few years. They are paying 40.oo a gal for them here...I'm not paying for muchrooms.
    Ok I'm off here for a few days. Going to Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. permission is not necessary. http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/kimkomando/2008-04-17-public-photography_N.htm

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFLOL!!!!! Go get 'em, Ms. Donna. I wish you were my neighbor (and that includes living in the country).
    Blessings,
    ~Toni~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!