Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pioneer Woman, eat your heart out

OK, I often visit The Pioneer Woman and have used many of her recipes. I'm inspired by her, and have decided I should share my very own favorite gourmet recipe: Grilled-cheese-with-hot-peppers sandwich.


You need: Vlasic sliced jalapeƱos; 2 1/2 to three slices of American cheese (cheddar would work just dandy too); soft butter; and two slices of bread.

Butter both slices of bread and cover one slice with cheese. One slice of cheese isn't big enough, so I patch in pieces of another slice.

Now cover the cheese with sliced jalapeƱos;

Put another layer of cheese over the peppers.

Butter the outside of the sandwich.

Put in a skillet with heat on medium-low.

Flip it when it looks like this. Oh my, I can't stand seeing that cute little pepper slice peeking out at me.

And the melted cheese. I think I've died and gone to heaven.

Don't hold back. I promise you can do this recipe.

Happy eating.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, that sounds and looks yummy, Donna! I'll have to try it, and thanks for sharing.

    Have a great Saturday night and Sunday! :o)

    Hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:12 PM

    Yum! That looks good. I thought my pepper jack grilled cheese was good:)
    Donna H

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY, a meal even I can't screw up! Heck, I might actually even remember it. lol

    AF

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!