Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Pay it forward

I agreed to take part in the "Pay-It-Forward Challenge" some time back. The deal is this: You post on your blog that the first three people who say in your comment section that they want to participate will receive something from you, during the next year. The person who was supposed to send me something was Rachel, of Sliding Through Life.

It has been quite awhile, and honestly, I'd forgotten about the challenge. So when the mailman drove up my driveway and got out with a package, I said to a granddaughter, "I'm not expecting a package."

Well folks, I feel like it's Christmas in May.

There's a nice kitchen dishtowel; a cute little decorative bird-nest; three pairs of gloves that have rubber grippers on them that will be perfect for wearing when Cliff and I walk next winter and I want to toss a stick for Sadie; Zinnia seeds (seed tape), a bar of soap made in France which I'll use once I have soft water; a cute little birdie what-not; and my very favorite, a doily that will go perfectly on the library table my grandfather made.

Wow. I'm going to have to work hard to come up with such nice surprises for the three people in MY pay-it-forward challenge.

Oh, I found thirty-two morel mushrooms today, which you can read about HERE. After removing four ticks from my body last night and this morning, I remembered to use Deep Woods Off today; hopefully that deterred any unwanted hitchhikers.

6 comments:

  1. Cool! Cute little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:49 AM

    That's a nice surprise, isn't it? Anyway, first time I'm dropping by and I'm actually looking for participants for my weekly Love Q meme. It is basically questions on love and relationship matters that I throw out at my readers. Most of my the participants right now are 30 something year old moms and I sure like to see someone like you joining in with your point of view! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna! I did the pay it forward too, it was so much fun, I just may do it again someday.

    About your wanting to be added to the Bloggers Over 50 blogroll...I'm here to help you figure out how to get the drop down menu of members to NOT BE VISIBLE unless you click on it.

    Go to Flooble and get 'scripts' then "Expandable Content Script" --once there, add the javascript that you find on the Blogger Over 50 [in white]...copy/paste into content --- YOU WILL SEE there on Flooble's site window ---'INITIALLY VISIBLE with an arrow...click on that...it'll show you another option, "Initially Hidden" ---click on the hidden. Then, "get code".

    On your sidebar, you'd place the code you get from Flooble ---BUT THE TRICK is when you're there getting the code you will see the part where it says: "Intitially Hidden"

    If you still wish to be added, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotcha added!!! You may have to refresh your browser's page to see that "Just Me" has been added to the list of members.

    Hope you can find some lasting online friendships through our membership. There are some terrific blogs out there, and the best thing is...they're all our own 'age'. LOL

    My personal blog is always open...stop by any time.

    Glad to have you join us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, I'm glad you liked the goodies. It's hard to buy for someone you haven't met, but I tried to get you a few useful things. You were the first one I did! Now I have two more to go on my paying it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice surprise getting all of those goodies! She sure picked out some great things. I love the gloves with the grippies.

    No, sorry, I'll keep my black flies. I HATE ticks, they freak me out when the cats come in with one on them!!! I've never had one on me and I don't want any. My neighbor girl came in with one in her belly button!!! ACK!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!