Tuesday, October 08, 2024

What it was, was football

I often think about the ridiculous amounts of money that NFL players receive. But this morning I'm thinking about all the people in Kansas City who woke up smiling and think, "Maybe it's worth it all, if they can make so many people happy. Especially realizing that at any time they can get seriously hurt doing their job."
When the political climate gets me down and wars are going on everywhere... when the garden has failed because it doesn't rain... when inflation is rampant and there seems to be no reason to smile... and let's
not forget the hurricanes...
OUR CHIEFS MAKE US SO HAPPY! And last night, the Royals also won, so Kansas City is twice as happy.

Of course we come back to the real world, but for a little while, we celebrate. It amazes me how our Chiefs just keep on winning; I know it won't last forever, but what a run they are having.

I'm sure most of you aren't interested in our football games. I used to dread football season. But the one gift that Covid gave me was that we couldn't do much of anything but watch TV or read, so I learned to love the Chiefs. I still don't understand all the rules and moves, but I know enough to enjoy the game.

I'll take that.

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim watches football on Sunday, Monday and Thursday night. Sometimes I watch but mostly I find something to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read during football games too.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your teams' wins from the east side of the state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish St. Louis still had a team.

      Delete

I love comments!