Sunday, October 13, 2024

Sunday Stealing

1. What do you hope your last words will be?  I have no idea.

2. What do you spend the most time thinking about?  food

3. What is something you can never seem to finish?  washing dishes

4. What mistake do you keep making again and again?  I think I've always kept making all my mistakes over and over again until finally I learned.

5. What’s the best thing you got from your parents?  My natural curly hair from my mother, and all my mother's stories.  I got a lot of my dad's orneriness.

6. What’s the best and worst thing about getting older?  The best thing is that when you're older you have more time to do what you want.  The worst thing is that you can't do a lot of the things you would like to do any more.

7. What do you wish your brain was better at doing?  At this time, I just wish my brain could work at capacity like it should.

8. If your childhood had a smell, what would it be?  Fried chicken, cookies, and coffee

9. What have you created that you are most proud of?  the songs and poems I've written

10. What were some of the turning points in your life?  When I got married, when we first moved to the country, and when I had my children   

11. What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?  I don't have any song or artist I'm ashamed of

12. What small impact from a stranger made a big impact on you?  When Cliff and I went to Georgia to visit our son and we went to Plains, Georgia, on Easter to sit in on his Sunday School lesson.  When it was over, we had our picture taken outside with him and his wife.  We were both fat then, but I still love having this picture.

 

13. As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?  I am going to try my best to trust God to take care of me.  He has given me a good life thus far, and I expect him to take care of me no matter what.

14. What are some of the events in your life that made you who you are?  I don't know as events had anything to do with who I am.  I just walked through life assuming everything would pan out.  Fortunately, it has.

15. What could you do with $2 million to impact the most amount of people?  I would give it to my favorite charity:  Kansas City Union Mission.   Because there but for the grace of God go I. 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you met Jimmy Carter! That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you could say we "met" him. We enjoyed listening to his Sunday School lesson and toward the end, he said something like this: "If you want a picture with us, we can do that outside when church is done. I used to say I'd be happy to do it, but I don't say that anymore." Of course everyone going into the church had to have pockets and purses looked over by secret service.

      Delete
  2. Like Country Dew, I'm very impressed that you met Jimmy Carter. What good people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we had been there on any other Sunday, we probably would have had to sit in another room and watched on TV, because the actual church was usually full. President Carter said they had less people on Easter because people are gathering with their family on that day.

      Delete
  3. I thinmk about food a lot. Should I eat that or not? It's exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm not thinking about what I want to eat, I'm thinking about I'll cook for the next meal.

      Delete
  4. Love Jimmy Carter! The only president I've ever met was Ronald Reagan and he hadn't been president yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:09 AM

    I would have loved to hear President Carter teach a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That whole day is a memory I treasure.

      Delete

I love comments!