Friday, October 25, 2024

Greetings, from the Zoo

News from the animal kingdom around here.


 First of all, the goat ladies have dog collars on their necks.  I intend to be able to put a leash on them and take them out to the woods sometimes so they can eat leaves and weeds.  I can't let them loose anywhere besides the pen where they live because the grandson's two dogs would chase them and, if they caught them, they might kill them.  However, the dogs will listen to me if I have them with me on a leash; one loud "NO!" and they'd stop.  

The cats eat in that little house on the old cat tree, which I moved to the porch.  I can't keep their food anywhere else, because my dog Gabe eats it.  They usually sleep all night on the very top shelf, side by side.  Right now, though, Butch is in the living room in Gabe's bed, while Unique is in the back porch napping.


Oops!  Butch has moved to my lap with Gabe.  By the way, Butch is the vocal one, meowing at the top of his lungs.  He can also be heard across the room when he's purring.

I'm sure learning about cat litter-boxes:  Both Butch and Unique know what to do with it, but they toss a lot of the litter all over the back porch floor, too.  I suppose I'll have to get a cover for it.  Also, Unique likes to just lay in the box, even though she knows what it's real purpose is and uses it for that also.  Right now, though, she is sleeping atop the old, cat tree that we had for Blue, which I've put in the back porch.  They like it so well, they sleep in it all night long.  

I suppose things are going on OK, all things considered.

So, how's your day going?

1 comment:

  1. What a group of animals! We always had animals when the kids were young. Always a Saint Bernard and various cats that would have kittens. One time we had a pet duck, a pet squirrel, a guinea pig, a ferret and a Basset Hound all at the same time! Later we had fish, a gecko and a snake. It was Crazy Town at my house with 5 kids and their pets, and all the friends who would show up around dinnertime. Grocery shopping required several carts!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!