Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sunday Stealing

Typical of me, I had four songs on the wrong links.  I doubt if it mattered, because nobody wants to actually HEAR the songs anyway.  I did correct them... I think.  But if anyone else put links on their songs for this Sunday, I'm going to at least listen to a little bit of the songs if I'm not familiar with them.

Name a song that...

1. You enjoy, in another language.  Miriam Makeba singing Qongqothwane, "The Click Song".  I saw her in person long ago when I went to see Peter, Paul, and Mary.

2. Recently introduced you to a new singer.  My brain has no room for new singers.  I listen to the old ones.

3. You listen to to energize:  Great Day to be Alive 

4. Is your favorite song from a musical.  Some Enchanted Evening

5. Reminds you of an old love:  Some of God's greatest gifts are Unanswered Prayers

6. Make you think of one of your children:  Say You, Say Me makes me think of my teenage daughter.  You Shook Me All Night Long makes me remember my teenage son; he was driving me to the grocery store at age 16, hearing his favorite songs as they came on the radio; when that song came on, he turned it up louder.  I was shocked!!!!

7. Makes you smile when you hear it.  Spanish Pipedream  

8. You love but is quite unknown.  Our Town     

9. That annoys you.  Giddyup Go makes me want to shoot myself.  Don't waste your time listening to it.

10. That your parents used to listen to.  Lay That Pistol Down

11. From your early years of childhood:  Dear Hearts and Gentle People

12. That has a color in the title.  The Green Green Grass of Home

13. That needs to be played loud.  Old-time Rock and Roll

14. That is perfect for a road trip.  Just Bummin' Around

15. That reminds you of yourself.  Out Behind the Barn (Our trailer house is behind the barn).

12 comments:

  1. For reasons, I used to call Some Enchanted Evening Sam and Janet Evening; they were the lovely Evening couple. Makeba I just played this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm the oldest person that does Sunday Stealing, so the hard rock so many people love are what my two kids listened to. I actually learned to like some of the songs they listened to, though.

      Delete
    2. You can't possibly be the oldest person that does Sunday Stealing, unless you are in your 80s!

      Delete
    3. I will be 80 in July.

      Delete
  2. #2 - Yep. That's me but for me it's also that I don't like modern life. The clothes, the music, even the motorcycles and cars are ugly. There. I said it. Guess I'm stuck in the 70s-80s.
    Some Enchanted Evening is a lovely song.
    Such good choices to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Green Green Grass of Home is a sad song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the first one I clicked on to listen, Spanish Pipedream, is still incorrect. It is one of my favorite Prine songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that everybody's already been here, I have the right song connected to it.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous7:19 PM

    Google is being a twit and not letting me sign in as Di @Diane'sPlace. I love Iris Dement as you may remember, and Our Town is my favorite song by her. I've at least heard of most of the songs you listed and some are favorites of mine. I'm 60 years old and I still listen to AC/DC and hard rock and metal from that time period. But my taste in music is very eclectic and covers a lot of territory, as does yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I'm glad you let me know who you are, since you can't sign in. Thank you. You are one of my best Internet friends.

      Delete
  6. I know some of those songs but not many. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!