Sunday, February 11, 2024

Sunday Stealing

1. What is a big dream you have for the future?  I no longer have big dreams.  I take life day to day and try to live in the moment.  I will say that I've seen many dreams come true throughout my life.

2. What are your favorite hobbies?  Reading, gardening, blogging

3. If you could change the world, what would you do?  I have changed the world, and so have you.  You change the world by touching people around you.  You cannot live your life without changing the world.  My hope would be that those changes have been positive ones; sometimes even negative changes can turn out for good, if someone gets a lesson out of them.

4. What places have you traveled to?  Colorado, the Grand Canyon, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Virginia, Maryland, Mexico, Texas... who cares?  What was your favorite?  My Grandma Stevens had a cloth thing on the back of the rocking chair she always sat in with these words stitched on it:  "Travel East, Travel West.  After all, Home is Best."  The older I get, the more I realize the truth in that sentiment.

5. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?  Mountain Oysters

6. What are your favorite places to eat?  The Pizza Hut buffet in Higginsville; and KFC, if I can ever find a location where the floor isn't greasy and the people working there don't look like they're on crack.  

7. What kind of music do you like?  folk and country  Talk about a favorite artist or songs.  John Prine, the most unique songwriter I know of.  He could make up a song out of anything or nothing.  Some make me laugh (Spanish Pipedream), some make me feel like crying (There's a Hole in Daddy's Arm).

8. What was the last book you read?  I'm reading a series of four books by Shane Parkinson.  I'm on the third book right now.

9. If you could meet a character from a book, who would it be?  I can't think of any

10. Do you prefer books or movies?  books  Why?  You can read a book any time, anywhere.  I put a lot of myself in books I read; everybody does.  I might imagine a character to be totally different that another reader does.  A book lets you decide what someone's house looks like, or imagine what they look like.

11. What is something you used to be scared of, but aren’t any more?  When we were having some hard times, I used to worry we'd lose our home... although we never even made a late payment!  I'm sure I've been scared of lots of things in my almost 80 years.  I just don't think about them now.

12. What is something you were never afraid of, but are now?  I seem to be losing a lot of my words, and I worry about getting dementia... I worry more for family members than for myself.

13. What item is your most cherished possession?  a walnut table my grandfather made for my mom when she was a teenager.  Mother called it a library table.  Why?  Because I grew up with it.  I colored in my color-books on the bottom shelf of it with my legs stretched underneath the shelf.  I've often wondered if, when they cremate me, they could burn that piece of furniture with me.  It means nothing to anyone else.  Silly thought, I know.   

14. What awards or contests have you won?  None.

15. Do you like working jigsaw puzzles?  No.  I've never had the patience for them.


10 comments:

  1. I bought John Prine's first album on CD this week and it's arriving today! I know that I can't always come up with the right word; it's a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will turn 81 next week. My mother, aunt, and grandmother all had Alzheimer's and every time I forget something I fear that I am going to have it too. Google keeps me from showing the extent of my memory loss to everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I use Google often for the same purpose.

      Delete
  3. I like John Prine, too, but am not as familiar with his work as I should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found him rather late in life.

      Delete
  4. I prefer books too. I love your answer to #3. I'm hoping that my own impact has been (mostly) positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’d love to see a picture of the library table. Take care, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow and put it on my next entry, whenever that will be.

      Delete
  6. I bought an old library table at a thrift store and it is the one big piece of furniture I moved with us to or tiny home. It is on th porch, won't fit in the house, but I refuse to let it go!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!