Thursday, February 08, 2024

I didn't know anything about Taylor Swift

At first, I had no opinion about this lady who started coming to the Chiefs' games.  Her music isn't my kind of music, but that doesn't make me dislike her.  For just a little while, when the cameras caught her rooting for the Chiefs up there in the stadium, I was a bit jealous over Travis Kelce.  He was my favorite, and I wondered if he shaved his handsome beard just because of "that woman". By the way, his beard is back now, so I forgave her that.  

Many Chief fans, especially men, didn't like the cameras being focused on Taylor Swift's face all the time ("We're here to watch the Chiefs"), and for a while, for no reason whatever, I went along with that.  Yeah, we're here to watch the Chiefs, buddy, not some singer who isn't even country, for pete's sake.

The first person who helped me realize I might want to pay attention to this singer was a grandmother at the Methodist church I attend who told me about her granddaughters being ardent "swifties"; she considers Taylor Swift to be a very positive role model. 

I began reading about her in the news:  she shares her bounty with everyone she employs.  She helps charities in each city where she performs.  She contributed money after a tornado ravaged Nashville.  It goes on and on.  "That Woman", as I used to refer to her, does some great things with her fortune.

Click HERE if you want to see what a big deal she is for all of Kansas City.

So I have decided to share Travis Kelce with her, since it looks more and more like they may be together for a while.  I think she's a good role model for him, too. 

Maybe she's even a good role model for me.


I want to add this:  I've never listened to an entire song by Taylor Swift.  Two or three times I have asked Alexa to play one, but I don't listen long.  Her music doesn't fit into my life style.  But I will admit her voice quality is great.  I'd bet she's never hit a flat note in her life.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:19 AM

    I have heard of her referred to as the present day female Elvis Presley. She is known for writing songs about her ex-boyfriends after they break up. She broke into the music scene when she was about 14 years old. If you have never known a true fan of hers, you have no idea of her impact. I, personally am not fond of her politics and hope she has the good sense to just keep it under wraps. No need to alienate one half of her fan base when it is easy to just perform and stay out of politics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a free country and we have freedom of speech. Any American can talk politics, whether I like their view or not. I haven't found anybody worth voting for in ages, so I don't care much who they want to talk about. Liars and crooks, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Donna. Other singers (like country and rock ones) seem free to spout their political beliefs, so why not her?

      Delete
  3. I know that she has the reputation of going through boyfriends quickly, and then trashing them in song. I hope that this time is different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's one of the first things I heard about her!

      Delete
  4. Her music isn't my style either, but I like her charitable donations and care for her staff. I would hate to have my relationships out in the public eye so much; luckily, I'm not famous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't pick a song of hers out of a lineup for sure. But like you, I've heard she is a very generous individual so I wish her well. Honestly, I think I would rather look at her anyway in those off seconds of filler material than bare chested beer bellies with letters painted on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I confess I don't know Taylor Swift very well except I know 4 years ago when I did Zumba, we did dance to her songs. I didn't know about her charitable works. That is wonderful to hear. Funny that you mentioned guys not wanting to see so much focus on her. My husband thinks it's overdone too. I don't know why the MAGA cult people hate her so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!