Saturday, January 28, 2023

Artificial Intelligence

Anita, a blogger I follow, put on her blog a poem written by ChatGPT.  I had no idea what that was, but after reading the poem I googled "chatgpt" and hurried over, since I'm the type who simply has to open Pandora's box.  Anita's blog post is HERE, by the way.

I signed up for the site and asked the first question I could think of:  "I have writer's gap. How can I get back to writing songs?"

In the first place, I used the wrong word; it should have been writer's block; writer's gap is a different thing. However, this Artificial Intelligence Being was smart enough to know what I meant. I was going to copy and paste it all on here for your consideration; however, it didn't come out right on my blog, so I did a screenshot and used a photo of it. The problem with that is, the writing is so small, you probably can't read it without making it larger.

Anyhow, the answers were great, and I'm in awe of this new development.  The problem about it is that it gleans all its info from the Internet, so there can be wrong answers.  

Meanwhile, I'll be trying to stump this invisible thing.  I'll let Cliff ask questions about how to fix tractors and see what we find out.

I have to get out of this chair and do something now; we have a nephew coming over to visit after while.  

Oh, here's an article about AI, if you want to learn more.

6 comments:

  1. That's good advice. Perhaps AI will become our new therapists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched a long news story on it's development and how it might change our world. I don't know whether I'm amazed or scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:15 AM

    The forematting was all messed upon my bog this morning. I will have to see if my son can fix it later today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:16 AM

    And I am Margie from Margie's Musings...not Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great question! I had asked it about endometriosis (I thought that would be strange enough) and it gave me a good answer on that, too. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I like messing with it just to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:42 PM

    I clicked on your blog link on Leigh Ann Little's page, just to see if the ChatGPT virus was spreading in this circle, and I see it is. This is an extremely dangerous development, and I don't know why people can't see that they will never be able to trust anything written on the internet again. There will be no way to establish what is true and what isn't, or who is real and who is AI. Frankly, it's demonic. I hope you will reconsider where this is leading and reject it. It may be hard to be a human, but it's better to be a much loved shabby velveteen rabbit than a shiny new AI character pretending to be you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!