Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Not bad weather

We've had three days of sunshine, and warm weather for January; tomorrow will be the same, only cloudy, and then we'll get back to highs in the 30's.  I'll take it.  The boys (Blue and Gabe) headed off with me for a walk in the pasture.  They were frisky and playful, ready to run and play.  I was winded by the time I got to the green cathedral, which wasn't green of course, so I came on back.  I have had quite a busy day, and had already ridden the recumbent bike.  Yesterday I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans.  Today we had leftover meatloaf and potatoes, and I cooked some cabbage for our vegetable.  Tomorrow we'll have meatloaf sandwiches and some of the potato salad I made three days ago.  We're still only having two meals a day. 

Then I paid for our last propane, wrote a letter to my sister, and vacuumed.  We are never rid of those Asian ladybugs.  If the sun shines on a window for awhile, they come out of the cracks.  

Cliff goes back to the audiologist tomorrow, and it sounds like there will be quite a few trips before we're done.  Last week the appointment was at 2 PM, and tomorrow it's at 3 PM.  I guess they think we like driving home at rush hour.  How much fun can two people have?  If only they'd give us a morning appointment, we could eat at Joe's Kansas City afterward.  We've not eaten there for years. 

Hey, I can have a conversation with my husband now!  He still says "what?" quite a bit, but it'll get better.  He's talked on his cell phone with it on speaker, and didn't have much trouble.  Eventually he'll use bluetooth to talk on the phone and listen to television if he wants to.

It's time for me to go to bed.  Goodnight all, and sweet dreams.

   

8 comments:

  1. Glad you still can walk some. It unclogs the head I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job of managing your leftovers so it feels like a different meal every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've never minded eating leftovers. Especially soup, which gets better every day.

      Delete
  3. After the bit of negative twenty something weather we had, I thought we were done with the Asian beetles but like you, we had a few come back last week with some sunshine and warmth. I suspect they will rule the Earth after we humans have gone extinct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish they'd have stayed in China.

      Delete
  4. Cliff is making such excellent progress and so quickly! My mom is having a fight with stinkbugs every time the sun comes out. I thought we'd gotten rid of them during the winter. Our weather is currently very mild. Thankfully, no atmospheric river like our neighbors to the south.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ask the audiologist office if you can have a morning appointment! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!