Sunday, May 01, 2022

Sunday Stealing

SUNDAY STEALING 

FIRSTS

First Job:  After-school job at Woolworths from October to Christmas; I'm not a people person, and I hated it.

First Favorite Politician:  Dwight Eisenhower, just because my parents loved him.

First Record/CD:  Probably Jailhouse Rock, by Elvis.

First Sport Played:  I hate sports because I'm terrible at them.  Nobody ever wanted me on their team.

First Concert:  Peter, Paul, and Mary

First Foreign Country Visited:  Mexico

First Favorite TV Show:  My Little Margie

First Favorite Actor:  Roy Rogers

First Favorite Actress:  Lucille Ball

First Girlfriend/Boyfriend:  I only had one boyfriend before Cliff, and I'm just glad I ended up with Cliff.

First Encounter with a Famous Person:  We had our picture taken with President Jimmy Carter and his wife in Plains, Georgia... is that really an encounter?  Probably not.

First House/Condo Owned:  An old four-room house on 20 acres about 25 miles from where we now live.  We bought it in 1967. 

First Film Seen:  My mother used to take me to movies as a child, and the first one would probably have either been Ma and Pa Kettle or Abbot and Costello.

First Favorite Radio Station:  WHB from Kansas City.

First Book I Remember Reading:  I'm sure the first book I remember reading was a little book of nursery rhymes.  The first chapter book I remember was The Bobbsey Twins.


9 comments:

  1. My mom has always talked about growing up with Elvis music. That must have been so much fun. He was so talented. I still love his voice. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bobbsey Twins & also Nancy Drew... my nose was in one or the other all the while I was growing up. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! The Bobbsey Twins. I forgot about the Bobbsey Twins. I read all of those books.

    When Eisenhower was running for president I was probably the only kid on my school who did NOT have an "I like Ike" button...my parents were for Stevenson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember my firsts but do know that I loved Nancy Drew and Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nursery Rhymes. Forgot about those. I think a picture with the Carters counts big time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I call taking a photo with President and Mrs. Carter an encounter, most definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely an encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Bobbsey Twins' series, too! I can identify with what you said about sports; I'm the girl who was always chosen last when they picked sides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a question right on JEOPARDY because I used to watch Roy Rogers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!