Friday, April 29, 2022

Songs I learned from my parents

Yesterday when I was in the garden, a robin was sitting on the fence watching me.  A song came to mind immediately, one that my parents sang a lot when I was a child.  They didn't sing for an audience, they just sang for the pure joy of singing.  They weren't great singers.  But it amazes me when I realize I still remember some of those old songs, and I got to wondering if some of my readers would like to hear the songs of yesterday I learned... not from the radio, but from my parents.  Daddy, especially, was always bursting out in some song or another, and then my mom would sometimes sing along if we were in the car going someplace, or they'd trade verses.  

So every so often, I'll share one of those with you.  I won't sing the whole song, just maybe a verse and a chorus.  I'm not using my guitar; this is how I would sing it if you were here with me and I wanted you to hear it the way I heard it from my parents.  

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wonderful surprise today. I haven’t heard that tune. Isn’t soothing to entertain yourself with singing. I really bad but still I sing. I sing like no one is listening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cliff can't quite carry a tune, although he comes close. He sings all the time and doesn't even realize he's doing it half the time.

      Delete
  2. Singing is such a great emotional and creative release. I wish I'd taken choir in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you remember all the words to that song!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, if you only knew how much I love to hear you sing! Thank you so much for recording your beautiful music & sharing it with us. When I say it makes my day, I truly mean it!!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!