Sunday, December 12, 2021

Sunday Stealing

1. Have you ever been caught outdoors away from shelter during a thunderstorm?  Several years back we borrowed Cliff's brother's motorcycle on a sunshiny day and rode to Versailles, where many of Cliff's relatives lived.  By the time we left it was evening and the skies were darkening with clouds.  We started our one-hundred-mile ride home; soon the rain came down so hard and fast we couldn't see where we were going; cars were pulling to the side of the road, and there we were on a motorcycle!  Lightening was all around us, thunder was deafening.  We parked under an overpass for a while, but it was obvious the downpour wasn't going to let up, so we went on.  It was one of the scariest experiences of my life.

2. Did you ever build furniture forts as a child?  Yes

3. Do you use any medicines daily?  Yes, two for blood pressure, one for depression, and sometimes one for GERD. 

4. When was the last time you used a disposable camera?  I don't think I've ever used one.

5. When was the last time you flew on a plane?  Last October, when we flew to Georgia to visit our son and his family.

6. How many first cousins do you have?  Probably 20 or so; I'm too lazy to count them.  Some have died.

7. What’s the longest period of time you’ve gone without sleep?  Probably 24 hours or so.

8. Did the house you grew up in have a big yard?  Which house?  We moved a lot.  However, I believe all of the houses had big yards, since we were in a rural area.  There was always plenty of room for a good-sized chicken pen, too.

9. What has been the most difficult class you’ve ever taken?  Probably math; I never liked math and was terrible at it.

10. What’s something that’s much more difficult than a lot of people realize?  Trying not to gossip or say negative things about people.  "Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless."   James 1:26

11. What are some things a house would need to have for you to purchase it?  Electricity, air conditioning, Internet, a roof and a floor... and 40 acres.  Oh wait, that's the house I have now, and we already purchased it.

12. Would you ever go out in public wearing pajamas?  Depends on what you call public.  I have gone for my walk in the woods many times in my pajamas; also to the mailbox, but the neighbors next door would be the only ones who saw me... and I'd be on my own property, so who cares?  I have never worn pajamas to Walmart or church or any public place.

13. Have you ever had a lemonade stand?  No

14. Do you think you look older or younger than your real age?  I don't use makeup, so I probably look older, although my husband thinks I look younger than most people my age.  He also thinks I'm beautiful, so take that opinion with a grain of salt.

15. Where have you lived throughout your life?  Southern Iowa, Northern Missouri, and now Central Missouri (east of Kansas City).

Play along if you like, at the Sunday Stealing blog.

6 comments:

  1. I am not great at math either. That is my struggle area. Amen to #10. I lived in Overland Park, KS for a little while. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fine with math.It was algebra that whipped me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use make up either, but have no wrinkles...one of the benefits of being overweight, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bike ride in a thunder storm was hugely scary. I use to ride and can only imagine how vulnerable you felt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bike ride sounds scary. And wet. I stopped using makeup during the pandemic and now find I am allergic to it. Maybe another brand? Mostly I don't worry about it anymore. My mother would be horrified.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 - That sounds really nasty. At least I was under a tree.

    #9 - I was (probably still am) very good at maths. Apart from at university level of course.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!