Sunday, December 05, 2021

Sunday Stealing

 SUNDAY STEALING

1. What are your plans for December?  I have no plans.  Life will go on as usual.  Unless it doesn't.

2. How do you celebrate your wins/success?  I would think a win or success would be its own reward.

3. Are holiday movies only for the holiday season?  Not necessarily; if you like a movie, you should watch it anytime you want.  When I'm feeling down, I sometimes watch "It's a Wonderful Life", because it makes me feel like I might have some worth after all.

4. What would you consider a waste of money?  That's probably a different answer for every individual.  Anytime my husband and I eat out at a sit-down restaurant it feels like a waste to me, because I know I could get a lot more food for that $40 or $50 than what I'm eating at that one meal.  If it's great food, it's OK doing it once in a while, but eight times out of ten, what I end up getting isn't as good as my favorite foods eaten at home.

5. What do you like to eat for breakfast?  Steel-cut oats with apples and cranberries cooked with them; almost any kind of fruit that's available; Grape-nuts.  But every once in awhile I have to have biscuits and gravy or some cheese grits. 

6. How do you feel about poetry?  I especially like poems that rhyme, but I like well-written free verse if the right words are chosen.

7. Are you shy?  In some ways.

8. Do you take time to reflect on your goals?  I've never bothered with goals much.  I go with the flow and take what comes.  I'm seventy-seven years old, and it's worked for me so far.

9. Something you are curious to know more about?  Lots of things, but most of my curiosity can be taken care of with Google.

10. Something that makes you feel fancy?  I don't think I've ever felt fancy in my life, and I'm not sure I'd want to.

11. How you’re still handling the pandemic?  Pretty well, really, as long as I don't have to deal with anti-vaxers and other people who think they know more than doctors.  So far I think I've unfollowed or unfriended all of those on Facebook.  That helped a lot!

12. A close friend you’ve never met in person?  I don't even have a lot of friends, period.  I did meet one of my best-ever friends in a Christian chat room and eventually met her face to face several times.  My husband admired her, too.  She died several years ago. 

13. Do you get in on trends early or later?  Never

14. What is something you do on a regular basis?  I go for a walk with my dog most days; I read in my One-Year Bible first thing every morning.  Of course there  are lots of things every housewife does on a regular basis, but who counts dishwashing and cooking?

15. Do you enjoy spending time with family?  Yes. 

Stolen as usual from Sunday Stealing.

5 comments:

  1. All were interesting but #9 really hit me. Me too on Google. It eases my inquiring mind every day. How did we live with out it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love-love-love all your answers, Donna, and most could have easily been mine too. #4 makes me shout YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google is a life/sanity saver! I haven't gotten rid of the anti-vax, anti-mask nuts on FB and need to. However, they are friends in real life, so it gets tricky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just unfollow them. They have no way of knowing, and when you're wondering what they've been doing, just go to their status and read it.

      Delete
  4. I would probably complete forget about them. That feels like unfriending but I will consider it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!