Monday, December 20, 2021

Almost Christmas

For some reason, I have little incentive to blog lately.  I'm not depressed at all, just not in the mood to blog.  I tend to get that way around the holidays; then when the new year starts, I'm back.  I did a lot of grocery shopping today, and we got home shortly after noon and warmed up our dinner.  I'm a morning person, and once I've spent half the day shopping, I don't want to do much the rest of the day.

Shopping, of course, was awful.  We went to Aldi and Walmart, and both were crowded so badly it was hard to get around through the crowd.  I got my chicken cooked for the chicken and noodles we'll have Friday afternoon, and put the chicken and broth  in the deep freeze, so that's done.  I may make the noodles ahead tomorrow and freeze them, too.

I noticed Walmart is seriously low on toilet paper again!  Not that I need any at this point, but there are certain things I watch, just to see what sort of shortages we're going to have.  I wanted to make a Kraft cheese ball, which requires three different Kraft jar cheeses and some cream cheese, but I figured those would be sold out at this late date; I was right.  I wanted to buy some cream cheese, too.  There's plenty of the cheap brands, and I got some of those, but there are a couple recipes that really need the Philadelphia cream cheese.   I'm not making a sixteen-course meal, though.  So I'll get by just fine, whatever I make.

It sounds like the Covid is beginning to disrupt things again; it's starting to affect the NFL quite a bit.  I guess it keeps us on our toes, trying to figure out what's going to happen next.

There's a young fellow who delivers a lot of our Amazon stuff... not a UPS guy, he comes out in an Amazon vehicle.  He doesn't look over sixteen, but I'm sure he is older than that.  If the cat, Blue, is on the front porch when he comes, he always pets him for a couple minutes before he leaves.  Blue knows him now, and makes sure he gets his loving every time he's here. 

Right now, I'm out of here.  It's a beautiful day outside, and I heard we may set a record high for Friday.  Global warming has caught up with us.

Have a great Christmas, everybody.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your meal and holidays! It's a busy time of year and I am feeling overwhelmed on several fronts. Hard to be merry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as people refuse to be vaccinated,the Pandemic will continue to spread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a shame this pandemic wasn't put to bed a year ago as it could have been but here we go again. Sigh. At least you aren't stopping your prep work and hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just avoid all stores this time of year and have for the last couple weeks. One more week to go and things will return to a more sane level that I can tolerate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you & yours too, Donna. Oh yes, I hate shopping at Walmart & Aldi around the holidays. Have you ever thought of using Walmart curbside pickup? I order all my essentials at least 10, sometimes two weeks, beforehand while everything is still in stock. Otherwise I go to our local Mom-n-Pop grocery stores for things. Yes, it's more expensive but they're never out of stuff and they're never crowded. Those are two options you might try. I understand about your blogging lag. No worries, girl. You just blog when you feel like it. We'll all still be here. Merry Christmas! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's silly, but I don't even like relatives shopping for me. I want to look at the produce and make sure it's good. I like certain brands. I'd just rather do it myself. Besides, that's about the only time I get out of the house, except for church.

      Delete
  6. Have a safe and happy Christmas, Donna. I've been telling everybody that our numbers are exploding here in Hawaii. 150 on December 13th. 1,828 today. It's absolutely crazy and we still have people gathering in large groups.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!