Friday, December 03, 2021

All is well

 Blue did NOT have a broken bone; something attacked him and injured his left hind leg.  That's the second time this has happened to him; it's been nine months since his last experience, which you can read about HERE.  I waited too many days that time, for sure!  I think it was even the same leg that was injured.

Obviously I don't learn from past experience, or I wouldn't have been so sure (again) that the leg was broken.  I would love to know what sort of animal has attacked him; knowing my cat, though, he probably dared them.

The vet trimmed and cleaned the wounds and sent an antibiotic home with me to give him twice a day for ten days.  I took this video of him grooming his wounds this morning because he didn't feel like grooming himself all day, yesterday.  This morning when I let him inside from the back porch (where he has a temporary litter box), he went first to his cat tree, stretched and clawed the bottom post of it, then got in the position to jump up on it!  I didn't allow that, but gave him a place of honor on the sofa.  When he got down a while ago (I helped him down) he went in the dog's kennel/cage, went to a back corner, and is napping again. 



9 comments:

  1. I hope he recovers from his wound alright! He is such a pretty cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he is getting better. Hopefully he'll soon be good as new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a fighter and hopefully a survivor. I love his color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad he is going to be ok. He's such a good cat and so pretty. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news for you and Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Blue. Sounds like you've been a good nurse. To keep the evil attacker away, stick a cone on Blue's waist, backwards! Just teasing, but the thought of something to scare the creature from bothering Blue would be nice. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor guy. You're taking such wonderful care of him. I sure hope this doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't reckon Blue is getting his leg caught in a trap of some sort?? Glad he's getting better Donna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the vet said it's definitely bites, several of them.

      Delete

I love comments!