1. What is the craziest, most outrageous thing you want to achieve? I have no answer; I don't plan anything outrageous these days. There are places I'd love to see, but that's nothing outrageous.
2. Have your parents influenced what goals you have? My parents... mainly my mother, since she paid the bills... were sticklers about paying their bills, no matter how little money they had coming in. I'm the same way. I may have accidentally sent a bill a couple days late at some point, but whether we were in a period of feast or famine, our bills were paid promptly.
3. What is a fashion trend you’re glad went away. Bell-bottom jeans (yes, I had a pair; but looking back, they were ridiculous.) Is that duck-lips thing a fashion trend, that silly face all the girls were making on Facebook? I don't want that back either. And I wish those one-inch-long false eyelashes would fade away. Oh well, nobody cares what I think.
4. What word or saying from the past do you think should come back? Pretty is as pretty does.
5. What do you bring with you everywhere you go? My purse, and Cliff always asks me why I take it everywhere.
6. Is there such a thing as a soul? I believe there is. I am a spirit, I have a soul, and I live in this old body of mine at present.
7. Is there life after death? I reckon we'll find out when it's our time to die.
8. Do you think there will ever be a third world war? Yes, unless the world ends first by some other means.
9. What smell brings back great memories? The smell of the woods; real Christmas trees; the smells in the house on Thanksgiving.
10. How would you like to be remembered? It doesn't matter; I won't be around to hear about it.
11. What kind of music are you into? Folk; country; the old standards from the 30's, from singers like Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, and Billie Holiday: "I'll be Seeing You", "As Time Goes By", "Summertime", "Pennies from Heaven", "Dream a Little Dream of Me". I've found there were a lot of great songs in the 30's!
12. What is the biggest surprise of your life? When we first moved onto this place where we live, we only had a little over six acres. In the 90's we had a sudden opportunity to add 35 acres back of our original six; I would have never expected that to happen. We couldn't afford it, but we managed. I'm still thankful every day when I'm walking in the woods that were part of that addition to our property.
13. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? What a question! Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream, I suppose. But my stomach wouldn't like having it all the time.
14. Where is the most awe inspiring place you have been? The Colorado Rockies; these days, though the wooded area at the back of our property is just as inspiring because I don't take what I have for granted.
15. Describe your life in six words: I'm content with what I have.
Go to the Sunday Stealing Blog to see how others have answered these questions or to join us.