Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday Stealing

 NAME YOUR FAVORITE...

Place:  Home; the trees at the back of our property where I walk.

Color:  sky blue

Smell:  fresh-mown hay

Magazine:  I don't read many magazines these days.

Texture:  Plush robes or throws.

Thing to do when bored:  Do something like "Sunday Stealing",  Read, garden in summer, watch TV, surf the Internet.  

Precious stone:  No favorite

Animal:  Jersey cows, Tennessee Walking Horses, some dogs, some cats.  I can't choose just one.  But dogs would be the hardest for me to live without, so I'll say dogs.

Time in history:  Favorite time of my life, the 40's and 50's.  Favorite time to read about, the 1930's and '40's in the United States.

Font:  No favorite

Sound:  Children laughing and/or singing spontaneously

Fruit:  Mangos, Fuji apples

Vegetable:  Home-grown sweet corn; home-grown tomatoes... but I guess tomaties are fruits.

Store/shop:  I'm not much of a shopper.  Aldi and Costco, I guess.

Quote:  "You don't know about lonely til it's chiseled in stone."  From a song written by Vern Gosdin and Max D. Barnes.    

Historical figure:  Alfred the Great

Letter:  I have favorite words, but no favorite letters.

Memory:   Christmas memories from my childhood

Dessert:  Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream

Candy:  I'm more a fan of cookies, but I like Hershey with almonds.  I don't know when I've bought any kind of candy bar, though.  Maybe years!

Restaurant:  One of the local Mexican restaurants.

Language:  If Spaniards all talk like Julio Iglesias sings, that's my favorite language.

Thing to learn about:  Whatever grabs my interest at the time.

Thing about yourself:  I like the way I've just rolled with the flow in life, whichever way the wind blows: because it turns out at this point  that when I look back, I wouldn't change much.  In other words, I'm lazy, and I've learned to accept it.

I got these questions from Sunday Stealing.

7 comments:

  1. you don't sound lazy you sound able to move through life easily. Alfred the Great huh? interesting. We watch a lot of BBC history shows and learned a little about his reign.
    cherry and chocolate are my fave dessert flavors too. Ahhhh cows...
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't call you lazy, just accepting and flexible. That's a great way to be! Ben and Jerry's is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "In other words I'm lazy and I've learned to accept it." Lazy is NOT a word I'd associate with you, Donna. *lol* ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You piqued my interest about Alfred the Great a while ago and I didn't follow up. Maybe now I will.
    Lazy? Don't think so. Like Margaret said, flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you're lazy. Farm wives are never lazy. Just adaptable. Don't buy anything chocolate - it doesn't taste like it used to. If you do, get something other than Hershey's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't really farmers. I doubt if we ever made money if you averaged all the few farm-type things we did. I just happened to love pigs, cows, horses, and gardens; Cliff loved tractors. It was a marriage made in heaven, but the most land we ever had was 43 acres here where we live now, and over half of that is full of deep ravines and lots of trees. Cliff has always worked to make a living, and I had several jobs at different times after the kids were bigger. We didn't even have health insurance for many years, but we sure had fun.

      Delete
  6. I like Hershey's dark chocolate, myself. And now you've made me curious about Alfred the Great. I'm going to have to look him up.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!