Saturday, November 06, 2021

The route to and from Arkansas

Our route going to Arkansas was decided by two circumstances:  Cliff wanted to return a tractor headlight he’d bought in Clinton that didn’t work, so he needed to return it for one that worked; and I wanted to eat at Lamberts.  That meant we were going down 13 highway until we got almost to Springfield, then heading down to Harrison, Arkansas.  It’s a town we are quite familiar with because of all our motorcycle trips to the Hub motorcycle motel, located at the edge of the place where the Dogpatch amusement park used to be.  That motel has since closed.  I told Cliff we could get a motel in Harrison if he was tired of driving, but he wanted to go further.  There isn’t much to do in Harrison; they have an interesting museum, but we’ve done that already.  We even found a tractor show going on one year, not far down the road.

We left Harrison on Highway 7, one of our favorite motorcycle roads, with almost hairpin curves and some great views.  I’ve taken lots of pictures from lookouts along that road.  It’s fun to me, even riding in a car.   However, it’s a long stretch, so eventually you start wondering if it’s ever going to end.  I’m glad we took that route, though; we have made so many memories there.


We took a different route home, since we were in a different location; the GPS directed us to what we know as 71 highway, although it has been changed to I-49 now.  The route evoked some more memories, taking us through Bella Vista, where a dear, departed Internet friend lived.  Cliff and I both loved that woman, and even spent a couple of nights at her home.


On the way home we picked Gabe up from Bed and Bones; he whined with happiness all the way home!  The man who runs the place with his wife said, “He is so funny!  He just has such a good time playing with the other dogs when I let them out together.”


His wife told me exactly the same thing last time I picked him up from his grooming.  I told the guy it surprises me, because when other dogs come to visit us, all he does is worry that they’ll get too close to me, the jealous little devil.  The guy said that’s because their place is neutral territory as far as Gabe is concerned.


I guess I don’t have to worry about Gabe when we’re gone.  He can play with his little friends and have a vacation of his own.


One of the best things about getting away for awhile, is how happy I feel when I get back home to my regular routine.  It’s always good to come home.


This is the first time I've successfully created a blog entry entirely on the iPad, using a keyboard with it.  I've made attempts before, but always ended up having trouble.  Once I get it all figured out, I will probably never buy a laptop again; it will be just as easy using the iPad with a keyboard.  

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good trip and I agree, it's always good to be back home. My dogs used to love it when I left them to play with others when I went away. It is a vacation for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a keyboard but otherwise don't care where I blog from. the iPhone is impossible. I've done a few corrections on there but could never write a full post. I've discovered that also. It's great to get a change of scenery but very nice to return home to my own small routines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you had such a nice trip and that Arkansas treated you right. Know what you mean by those twisty roads. Fun for a while but it does make a trip long. So glad Gabe has found a comfort zone if you have to leave him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanting a new big iPad for Christmas to myself. Should I treat myself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a lovely trip, Donna. Good to go, good to come back home again. How nice that you like your iPad and can use it comfortably. I had a desktop and an Amazon Fire tablet... but I blog on my desktop. I've always said that once my laptop goes, I'm done with a big computer. We'll see. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice trip. I would like an iPad. I dislike laptops. I tend to use a PC and have since before they became a thing (I used to write on a Commodore 64!). I never considered an iPad with a keyboard. I will have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!