Saturday, November 14, 2009

Patrick's Saturday Six

It's been awhile since I've participated.

Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal at Patrick's Place so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. What is the last thing you purchased for yourself, other than basics like groceries? The Mac Mini I'm using right this minute.

2. What is the last thing you purchased for someone else? Cliff's the breadwinner here, so if "I purchase" something, it's usually his money backing that purchase. Let's just say I pushed him really hard to buy the Oliver 1855 he was lusting after. Does that count?

3. If you were to win a lottery, what is the first charity you’d donate to? They're on my sidebar to the right, where it says "be generous, times are hard"; if you want to bless somebody and are wondering how and whom, choose those. Please.

4. If you won that lottery, what is the first “luxury” you’d buy for yourself? It would be a luxury to me to pay off everything I already have; there really aren't many things I want that I don't already have.

5. Take the quiz: Do You Put Yourself First or Last?

You Put Yourself First

By putting yourself first, you're actually not being selfish. You're just being realistic.
You like to help others as much as the next person... maybe even more. But you know you need to be at the top of your game in order to really give back.

You take good care of yourself, and you have learned the art of tactfully saying "no." It's all about balance.
You try to stay away from people and activities that drain you. You prefer to save your energy for those who really matter to you.

6. When is the last time you spent an entire weekend putting yourself first? Weekend? I put myself first more often than not; I'm not proud of the fact, it's just the way I'm wired.


3 comments:

  1. I like Patrick's Six although I've never participated. I'm afraid that alot of what I do puts me first as I'm alone most of the time...but alot of what I do with my time is for others too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your answers. Miss Patrick. Think I'll play along today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked new computers for my lottery luxury, but your's is what I should have picked.
    I played The Six too.
    That's a beautiful picture of your mother.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!