Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dogs and birds

I managed to get a picture of a goldfinch at the feeder today.

This morning it was cold when I woke up, with temperatures in the upper 40's. We received a full three inches of rain yesterday, and it came hard and fast. There was lots of ditches washed in our driveway; I believe Cliff is on the tractor trying to fix that now.

Cliff and I spent a couple of hours at the Grain Valley city-wide garage sale. Truth is, we don't need a lot of things; but sometimes it's just fun to look. We both got a few cheap items. I liked the way the youngsters were getting folks' attention in the above picture; they seemed to be having lots of fun.

Sadie has her new frisbee. She is one happy dog.

I'm dog-sitting Angel today while Cliff's sister and her son do a little remodeling over at the old house. Angel found a toad that kept her occupied for quite a while.

It's the fattest toad I believe I've ever seen!

Here's a video of Angel with the toad: You may want to turn your sound down to get rid of the wind noise; Angel isn't making any noises herself, anyhow.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a very nice, sunny day out.

    Angel's antic is just funny in the video. Happy as Sadie is with her new toy.

    Garage sale can be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to visit..I loved the video!

    Hope all is well and that you have a great week ahead.

    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. My weiner dog does the same thing with toads. But, if she gets the toad in her mouth, her whole mouth will foam up. She looks like Santa Clause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If memory serves me correctly you wrote a poem about "smokin' toad" Am I correct?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!