Sunday, May 03, 2009

Things I love about the early morning

I sometimes get angry about the fact that I can't seem to sleep past 5 A.M. But this time of year, with so many little miracles going on outside, I don't complain about it.

I get to see scenes like this.

I'm right there on the porch drinking coffee when the first hummingbird of the day visits the feeder.

I'm out there in the garden to see that the early bird (a robin) does indeed get the worm.

I tilled the garden this morning before anyone else was awake. You'll usually see the garden from this angle. Why, you ask? Well, it's time for some truth in blogging:

This angle shows the renter's trailer house with three cars nearby (only one of which runs).

And this angle shows you a neighbor's never-to-be completed house, junk, and mud yard. (Grow, my little trees.... grow!)

Normally I try to keep these sights out of the picture, but I thought I'd just take this time to let you know things aren't quite as idyllic out here on forty-three acres as I sometimes picture them.

I've learned to look the other way, most of the time. So has my camera.

Oh, and I do love the mornings!

5 comments:

  1. Lindie9:08 AM

    I made my hummingbird food and hung up 2 feeders but have not seen any hummingbirds yet! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often crop the pictures I take (or take from a different angle) to take out 'eyesores'. Mostly because it's the way -I- want to remember it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:58 AM

    The morning sunrise makes all the surroundings worth it all....just beautiful...you are an amazing person Donna...just amazing...I envy (and I know I am not supposed to) the love you have for yourself and for your life...and of course for those close to your heart...God Bless you lady....hugs...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting up early & enjoying all of God's many little miracles too if I'm off from work. It's easy to get up then, but if I have to work it's sooo hard to get up & get started...

    Gorgeous sunrise picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mornings also. Especially when I don't have to go to work. I love to sit out on the deck with the morning paper and my coffee.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!