Sunday, September 23, 2012

I do as I please, free as a breeze, just bummin' around.

My cousin Betty recently told me, "When we were kids, I thought you had a perfect life.  You could run around in the woods any time you wanted to, you could play as much as you liked."  
I don't remember her exact words, but that's the general idea.  The reason she felt this way was that on their farm, a short distance from my Grandma's house, kids had chores.  If green beans needed picking, some of Uncle Leo's four kids picked them.  Aunt Mary saw to it that the kids did the dishes.  Of course, that's how things should be.  
I was spoiled, and Betty is right.  I did whatever I wanted to do.  My mom finally had a baby, it was me, and nobody was going to make me march to their tune.  
Guess what?
That is still how I live my life.  I'm not saying it's right, but I don't know any other way to do things at this stage of the game.  My parents spoiled me, my husband has spoiled me, and God Himself has treated me like I'm His only child.  
So while many of you are cleaning house or holding down a job or sewing or ironing or doing yard work, I am doing whatever is fun.  I really don't care about your big house; I'm happy for you, but I don't need it.  I guess I'm a hippy at heart:  If it feels good, do it.  

I take a lot of pictures while I'm enjoying my animals:


Annie having breakfast
Two calves cavorting
George playing peekaboo from under Gracie's belly


Jake the orange cat, meeting George
Thank goodness most of the world's population is not like me.  Nothing would ever get done and we'd all starve to death.  But I like to think perhaps the world needs a few free spirits like me, just so I can show you things you otherwise would never see.  Besides, I make the rest of you look GOOD by comparison.     
I don't decorate.  I don't clean house like I should.  I will not iron.  And don't you DARE tell me what to do!  
That's how I roll. 

*My husband approves this message.



   

6 comments:

  1. I pretty much live my life the same way, Donna. My house will never be the cleanest among my friends, but I'm content for the most part and most of my friends and family with the "biggest" "most expensive" "best" "most" can't honestly say that. Things are just that, things, and things may make life easier, but they can't make you happiness. Happiness is a state of heart, soul and mind.

    Hugs,

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh, can't make you *happy*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the youngest of 4 girls . . . the rest of them got married the year I was 8. I've been spoiled rotten all my life and that's not changin' now. Love and blessings, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a charmed life you have there. I enjoy all those pictures you take. They very often make me smile. I remember going on horse rides with you when I was stuck behind a desk working...they very often made my day. Hope your Monday is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might not have a clean house, but yours is cleaner than mine!

    (and I don't really like my big house, either. Oh, sure...I'm grateful and all, but I've been wanting those small/tiny houses that are getting more and more popular. (Do a search for 'tiny house' and see what comes up.... they're adrorable. less space = less space to clean!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!