Thursday, September 20, 2012

Calves, learning to eat

Blogger is being difficult to get along with.  I wanted to post three separate videos of the calves, but I can't do it.  So I'll do it another way.
I do not feed the calves actual milk.  Years ago when I raised close to fifty calves each year, I milked three or four cows.  So my calves got warm, fresh milk in their bottles.  These babies are being fed MFA milk replacer.  It's $40 for a twenty-five pound bag, and I doubt if the bag will last these guys two weeks.  Therefore, I am diligently trying to get them eating calf starter as soon as possible.  They're pretty precocious.  Here's a video clip, taken right after Gracie finished her bottle.


  
A friend tells me that if you watch this video it goes on and plays my old videos forever.  I have made 100, so that would really keep you busy (or bored, more likely) for a long, long time.  

1 comment:

  1. THEY ARE SO DARN CUTE.

    STILL NO BABE BABY YET?..
    WHAT HAPPENS IF SHE JUST DOESN'T GO IN LABOR?
    WHAT DO YOU DO THEN..

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!