Friday, July 27, 2012

random happenings

Three generations:  Grandson Arick, Cliff, and our son (Arick's dad).  Cliff says those blue sweatbands may be ugly, but they sure help keep him cool.


Last night granddaughter Lyndsay and daughter-in-law Deb cooked our supper.  Mighty tasty, and they cleaned up their mess, too.


Cousins catching up on stuff:  Nephew Scott and our son Jim.


I wanted to see how my new camera would work after dark; we were at Cliff's shop with lights turned off to keep from attracting bugs.  I think it worked pretty well.  That's Grandson Arick sitting on his girl friend Heather's lap, with Georgia granddaughter Lyndsay being a ham in the background.


Me making a video of my son's shooting, which was excellent until I started trying to get a video.  He told me that would happen.  Watch this:






Brother and Dad teaching Lyndsay to shoot.  


We have a lot going on around here for the next few weeks, so don't worry if you don't see many posts from me.   In the past, every time I told my readers I was taking a little break, I immediately started doing more posts than usual.  Don't count on that happening this time... but it might.  

6 comments:

  1. That is Murphy's law about shooting or anything in general. It usually doesn't go right while filming! Seems like everytime I am filming something my husband is standing next to me talking about some random thing.. Pictures are nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the visit with your son and his family. Family time is wonderful and it does keep you busy for sure. I don't post much when I'm busy with family either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a lot going on and fun people around! Hope you can stay cool(ish);enjoy your family time!! P.S. Don't judge me but I have a hard time with other people in my kitchen. (even my daughters)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice your DIL and granddaughter cooked and cleaned. Both of my daughters are almost 40years old. Only one has cooked for us and that was once a long time ago. So sad. Take the break. You deserve it. You all look like you're having fun. It's nice to be with family. ENJOY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great pictures. Glad you're having a nice time with the visiting family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've shot a gun once in my life. It was kinda exciting. I'll bet your granddaughter got a "kick" out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!