Monday, July 16, 2012

Bad attitude

I've been pretty grumpy since burning my belly while canning tomatoes.  I'm on antibiotics that won't allow me to go outside in the sun, so I feel like a prisoner.  I sneak out at sunrise and sunset when there's little risk of sunburn.  It totally sucks, for this woman who hates being stuck inside.  
I needed to get Bonnie's almost-yearling calf, Max, into the barn so he'd be ready to load and take to the butcher shop tomorrow morning.  
At 7:30 P.M., I decided it was safe to go outside.  
The heat was horrible, and as I headed out the front door, I said to Cliff, "I hate heat!"  
Cliff, being hard of hearing, asked what I said and I repeated it, and added, "... and I hate that I burned my belly canning tomatoes, and I hate that I'm on antibiotics that won't let me go outside all day!"  
With that, I slammed the door.  
I put Max in the stall and went to the garden.  I found onions, cucumbers, and okra ready, and picked all of that.  I looked at all the tomatoes turning red.  I turned on the soaker hose.    
I came in the back door and said to Cliff, "Our cup runneth over; I love gardening.  Oh, and I love air conditioning."  
"Damn," says Cliff.  "You need to use that back door all the time.  From now on, I don't ever want to see you using the front door."

8 comments:

  1. That's funny! Let it out! Sometimes it's good to vent. I hate that my husband is in North Carolina. I hate that I seem to suddenly have heat related asthma. And above all...I hate that I have no health insurance. There.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! Let it out! Sometimes it's good to vent. I hate that my husband is in North Carolina. I hate that I seem to suddenly have heat related asthma. And above all...I hate that I have no health insurance. There.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point! I'm sure it was the door that made all the difference in your attitude! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The door changed your perspective ey??? LOL It's good to rant and rave a little. Let the BAD stuff out. Glad the garden cheered you back up. Hope those blisters and burns heal fast. Unfortunately what I've got isn't going anywhere soon, if at all. So I'm mad at my circumstances too. I totally understand your FRUSTRATION. Hang in There.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This heat has kept me indoors most of the time. I just cannot be out in it for any time at all before I'm wilted. I'm getting cabin fever here. Sad that we wait all winter for the good weather and when it comes it's really not so good anyway. Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love that husband logic, huh? (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, that cracked me up! Since my hubs is complaining about my own bad attitude, I guess I'll give the back door a shot, too ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cliff is a hoot!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!