Tuesday, February 09, 2010

A little bit of link love and some thank-yous

I love my readers and commenters:  so many of you follow this mess that's called a blog, and actually seem to enjoy it.  Even better, you talk back to me.  
I've picked up a new reader living in one of my favorite parts of my favorite state (next to Missouri):  Yeah, Colorado.  He lives at Canon City, near the Royal Gorge.  The thing that amazes me about the guy is that he's eighty-nine years old, and blogging.  You might want to go visit Sam and say hello.  
One of my longtime regular readers, Dee from Tennessee, suggested a blog to me, and she was SO on-target with this one.  If you like old-time Appalachian folk music; if you like old-timey things in general; or if you just like to visit a nice, peaceful blog where nobody is pushing their agenda on you, you'll like "Blind Pig and The Acorn".  
Oh, and a Wyoming reader invited me to visit her farm if Cliff and I make it to Montana; she says they have a Ford tractor for Cliff to check out, and a part-Jersey milk cow I'll want to meet.  
I love this blogging thing!  Thanks to my readers who leave comments and give suggestions.  You are more than I deserve. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee from Tennessee

I'm just glad that the ol' "light bulb" finally went on and I thought..."hmmm, Donna would like this blog." I've read Tipper a long time and should have already told you about her. And I just love to hear her daddy and her hubby "pick" and sing. There's a song on her playlist.."Sweet Sweet Corn" that "replays" in my mind all the time. I had never heard it before but I just love it; either her daddy or uncle sings it. I think I thought I had heard all the old songs!! lol

YOUR blog is a blessing to me as is Tipper's. I found you from PW a long time ago, and I mention you and Cliff to my husband frequently, and he now nods in recognition..lol! Thanks for your blog!

madcobug said...

I have been reading Sam's blog many years. He tells it like he thinks it is. I haven't read the other one. I cant's remember if you read Dad's Tomato Garden blog or not? He is 96 years old now. http://tomatogardeningwithdad.blogspot.com/

tipper said...

I feel the same way about blogging-I've met wonderful folks who I never would have otherwise.

Thank you for the kind words and the shout out for me!! I'm so glad you like the Blind Pig-and so glad Dee told you about me.

Midlife Mom said...

It is so true, we do meet some wonderful people out in bloggsville. From all different walks of life but a common thread in one way or another. Will check out your suggested blogs.