Thursday, July 18, 2024

Well, it's Thursday

The lady we are buying the goats from had a very busy day today:  She started the day taking one of her children to the doctor.  She works cleaning houses for people.  She also milks some of her goats.  Today she wasn't feeling well and the day was getting more hectic for her the longer it went, so I told her not to stress, and just wait until the weekend.  So they are going to bring the two goats over Sunday afternoon.  I've had a busy day in the garden myself, and Cliff keeps making things for the goats!  He was inspired last Sunday by all the things these folks have built for their goats, and he took pictures so he could copy them.  So you may not see MY goats, but you will see some of the herd there.  The mother/daughter combo I'll have are Nigerian Dwarf goats.  They have a LOT of goats.


It was in the 90's last Sunday, but that didn't keep this goat from sunning himself on the playground.  

The next two pictures are of their hay feeder.  Cliff has fashioned one following this for a guide, and it's in the goat pen now.



10 comments:

  1. David 205:19 PM

    Looking good. You should get lots of fun and busy work out of your goat project. I don't envy you at all though. 🤔🤭😊😉😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:27 PM

    They are so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:43 PM

    The new tenets look happy. Galla Greek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:31 PM

    Oh to be one of Donna's goats. They will probably be very spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Cliff is getting excited about 'your' goats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I've wanted another goat for years, but they caused him so much grief in the past that he said never again. And get this: He is kinda, sorta, thinking about getting a miniature donkey. I think he must be in his second childhood.

      Delete
  6. Not far from where I grew up is a petting farm/orchard place and they have large goat pens on either side of it with a large ramp (with sides) that goes up and over the barn with options for the goats to take routes into the hay mow part and down on the inside. While my family was off doing other things, I spent a couple hours sitting on a nearby park bench just watching the goats race up and down those ramps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:00 AM

    So much fun to look forward to! Rebecca in SW MO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunday will be the day! It sounds like their arrival has given Cliff some projects to work on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adriana Rob9:31 PM

    I'm a big reader of your blog and today I want to share my life experience with a loan lender that help me throughout the time of pandemics Covid-19 when everything was falling piece for me and my business, but when I write Mr. Pedro a loan officer email address: pedroloanss@gmail.com, he advises on the current loan program that is available for someone like me on my situation then I proceed then after 3 days of the process I received my loan in my bank and today my business is going well and the loan repayment is 5 years of 2% rate and the loan amount that I received is 83,000. Euro. Mr. Pedro can help with any kind of loan or investment loan at a very low rate and a flexible repayment. WhatsApp Contact: +393510140339

    Thank you once again, you make everything look beautiful in your blog.

    Adriana Rob

    Reading from Greece.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!