Monday, July 15, 2024

Wait for Thursday

 First of all, I will tell you that I did take my camera to the goat farm; however, I forgot to use it!  Cliff took pictures with his phone, but no shots of goats:  he took the pictures because the man of the house had made a lot of things that goats need and he wanted the pictures so he could use their ideas.  The fencing was done this morning, and now they will make the gate.  We think we'll have the goats here Thursday.

The guys were out working on the pen at 7:30 A.M. hoping to avoid the 100° heat.  Below, they are taking the fencing around the northeast corner.


They got to the last post around 9 o'clock A.M.  The fencing is done!  Now I assume they are making the gate in the shop.  I think I'll go check.


Rebecca, who blogs at Dairy Daze, took pictures of her flowers, so I decided to show you some of mine that are growing currently.  The near end of this flower bed doesn't get much sun, but I guess it's enough for flowers to bloom.  I like Marigolds and Zinnias because their seeds always wake up the next year as plants, and all I have to do is dig them up and put them where I want them.  At the far corner is a lovely Mum, just starting to bloom.

I finally have a sunflower blooming.



And of course, my Hibiscus, grown a few years ago from a seed my cousin Betty gave me.


12 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:05 AM

    As I listen to the news, your Blog show us that you are living the good life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love it if you could tell me who you are.

      Delete
  2. Love the hibiscus! Progress toward Goat City is progressing well in spite of the high temps. Thursday will soon arrive. Maaa, maaa, maaa. (is that what goats say?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what they say, although we were looking at about 25 goats in a pen yesterday and I don't think I heard any of them making a noise.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Looking good! I was in the garden from about 6:45- 10:15. It's too hot now. Glad they finished earlier! Trying to cool off, but I also need to get produce put up and do a billion other things lol. Might have enough cukes for a quick batch of dill pickles before the fresh dill is all done.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a sucker for a bright magenta hibiscus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:14 PM

    Aw, thanks for the shout out. Your flowers are lovely. I can't wait to hear your goat adventures! Rebecca in SW MO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'm hoping for NO adventures, just a bit of fun. I've had goat adventures in the past, when Cliff got mad at them and said bad words.

      Delete
  6. All I could think when seeing your fencing photos was how nice and flat it was. My hard is all up and down which makes fencing much more challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't exactly flat, but probably as close to flat as you can get living on a property that is four hundred feet lower in the back than it is in the front.

      Delete
  7. I have a little hibiscus that I got from Walmart. They clearanced them out for $2 each and I decided that I was worth it.

    That's a good tall fence. Those men must love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes me happy to know that you are getting you some goats. I can't wait to see them!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!