Tuesday, July 30, 2024

I've been a little down

I did some crazy things in the garden this year that I now regret:  For instance, planting four sweet potato plants that took up two rows of other vegetables I planted.  Likewise the cantaloupes:  There are many huge cantaloupes, but the first one we ate was the only sweet one.  I cut the others open and the insides look ready to eat, they aren't hard... but there is no sweetness to them.  Thrown over the fence, all of them.  They might be getting prematurely ripe because the little striped bugs have killed most of the vines that were covering up about one fifth of my garden.  I'm thankful that we've had many tomatoes, enough for me to put a lot in the freezer for chili and other stuff.  But the blight is really doing its work now, and we won't have them long.  I could go on about that, but I won't.

I told my husband yesterday I was down in the dumps.  One hundred degree temperature doesn't help, but of course we're all in that together here in Missouri, so who am I to complain?  At least we aren't on fire like California.

My age is getting to be less fun all the time, too.  

My Bible reading in Romans this morning reminded me the main thing I should do is to love my neighbor as myself; well, let me tell you, I don't always love myself.  According to Jesus, it seems like my neighbor is anyone I come across, and I am supposed to show them mercy.  I am an introvert, and really don't care to see a lot of people PERIOD, so I can tell you I have not loved all of my neighbors.  I wish I could, but I think maybe the best I can do is to stay away from them.  

Thank goodness the next thing I read was the 23rd Psalm.

Since I'm down in the dumps, I decided to get my guitar and sing a song I wrote a few years ago, back when I wrote quite a few songs and was going through a period of writer's gap.  Those of you who don't care to hear these type of things know I don't talk much about my faith here.  But I want to put this video somewhere so that when I'm gone, the song won't be gone.  Maybe someone will find it and actually sing well and do it justice.  The title is "There's a Song in Here Somewhere".   Enjoy looking up my nose and in my mouth while I'm singing.  I have no shame these days.

9 comments:

  1. I admire you for keeping your garden going and getting what you can out of it. Perhaps one of these days I'll grow tomatoes again. Extreme heat saps the energy and spirit for us outdoorsy people. It's 70s and rainy here right now which is very nice. My plants needed some watering from Mother Nature! Getting older is hard, especially when we have to give up mobility and doing some things that we love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for putting your music out in the public sphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Thank you for singing to us, Donna! Galla Creek

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one of the truest people i know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Mosie, I mean Donna.... I think that is the prettiest song I've heard lately!!! You have such a good voice and you wrote the song, played the song and Sang the song too!! How awesome! God is good! I could listen to your singing all day. Thank you so much for posting this. You really made my day brighter. I love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too, Carlene. We've been Internet friends for a long time.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous10:09 AM

    What an absolutely beautiful song, really touched me this morning. Thank-you!
    Solveig from Canada

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!